So happy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Best news ever, tinkerbell ate today!!! For the 1st time in months :) iv been so worried, expecting the worst. Watching him get weaker day by day. So today after giving him his warm soak as usual I always try to tempt him with weeds/ dandelion flower/ his pellets. And he actually took a bite of a dandelion leaf!!! I was so happy couldn't believe it he ended up having 1 and a half leaves and half a flower.

I know got a long way to go yet but surely this is a good start :) hoping for more food tomorrow and fingers crossed for a bowel movement :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Hooray!!! Here's hoping for continued recovery!!!:)

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
That's great! I hope he gets better and starts to gain an appetite.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
You keep calling your tort a he but his name is tinkerbell. Poor guy HEHE. Just messing with you glad to hear he is doing better

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
waterboy said:
You keep calling your tort a he but his name is tinkerbell. Poor guy HEHE. Just messing with you glad to hear he is doing better

I know I was told they were 80% sure he was female when I bought "her" and i am a girlie girl and called her tinkerbell. well a year later I found out he is definitely male!! :p

Thanks for the kind replies guys I'm so relieved and just hope he continues to get better :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's really good new. Nice to hear the happy stories. Just wondering though. Have you ever done the baby food soaks?

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Yes I tried the baby soaks with no luck, but now he seems to be a bit better I think I will try again.

image-1531959553.png

Yes I tried the baby soaks with no luck, but now he seems to be a bit better I think I will try again.

image-1531959553.png

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tinkerbell1189 said:
Best news ever, tinkerbell ate today!!! For the 1st time in months

* That is a good sign when the appetite begins to return!

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
No more food yesterday hoping for some today. Going to do a babyfood soak later. Fingers crossed

moderndoubt

5 Year Member
Tampa, florida
Good luck with your baby eating more in the future. Hopefully you'll get a nice hardy poop from him. Haha it's funny when you get excited over a "bowel movement". It truly shows how much you care! :)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Fingers crossed he eats again soon :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Have you tried spreading something 'forbidden' like chopped strawberry or apple on/among the greens? Usually a no-no, but if it works, you can gradually decrease it to just plain greens.
Cactus fruits can be fed 2-3x per week, even. Better for torts than other kinds of fruits. Some stores sell them (along with the Optunia cactus pads).
Radicchio is red and on the 'OK' list. Have you tried this one?

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Thanks, no I havnt tried that one will definitly give it a go. He ate 1 dandelion leaf yesterday and that was all I could manage to get him,
But hey it's better than nothing I suppose. Still no poop, I know it's early days but I'm so happy he is picking up.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Progress is real slow, some days he still eats nothing and others a little. Pleased today as he ate around 6 komodo tortoise pellets (the only thing I could tempt him with today) and they were well soaked in loads of water so a bit of hydration for him too. He also basked for around 3hours the longest time since he has been ill yet. This is him after basking

View attachment 32399

Attachments

• image-2739509243.png
    image-2739509243.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.