Snakes at Sunset in Florida

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Anyone have any experience buying reptiles from Snakes at Sunset?

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I’ve heard a some bad things, mainly that they’re animal flippers that just resell ones they buy.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
I have dealt with them. They potentially could be flippers, but they usually hold onto the tortoises for a few weeks to make sure they are healthy. The tortoises i have bought from them in the past have all been great. I have bought some high end tortoises such as angulated (bowsprites) and high marbling cherryheads. If they are flipped animals, they were at least healthy. At the end of the day, that’s all i care about. Hope that helps.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm pretty sure that any reseller can be called "flippers".
Certainly the shop I previously dealt with in selling my baby Redfoot meet that criteria.
The trick I guess is to find a flipper that offers good customer care and actually cares about the animals that they sell. Since very, very few reptile outlets seem to actually breed their own tortoises.
Actually breeding their own tortoises would give them much more of an incentive to house them better it seems to me.
And while I CAN say a few words about several reptile sellers here in Florida, I've had no dealings with Snakes at Sunset.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
This place is garbage and might potentially be scammers. I placed a order last week and they just refuse to ship. First it took them forever to begin any sort of communication or even acknowledge my order. Then they refuse to ship due to temps which is understandable but then they also refuse to ship out last night for delivery today when the temps here are pretty nice and safe for delivery. Now they refuse to ship today stating they don't ship on Thursday even though their website clearly states they do. Just nothing but excuse after excuse from these bozoes. Absolutely do not waste your money here. Straight up trash dealer. It's absolutely crazy that Ryan at Southern Reptile has made better contact with me about this order at Snakes At Sunset than the actual place I ordered from.