snake in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
When my sister was managing an apartment complex she got a call about a CA. King in an bath tub. The lady was giving her son a bath when she saw what she thought was a toy snake. She yelled to her husband "Wow that rubber snake really looks real" He said "what are you talking about". She reached for it to show him and it got in striking position. She had to reach over the snake to grab her son. It bit the person that removed it. I don't remember what thay did with it. I lived in the same apartments at the time and was freaked out. I think this started my fear of leaving doors open, as I an sure it crawled in. At the time I did not live in an area with a lot of wild snakes.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
One of my fears!! I here about it happening in AZ. That is just creepy!

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
When I was living in TX in a small town called Meridian..we had grass snakes and chicken snakes and all kinds of creepy crawlies and even trantulas in the summer time...I can do the snakes just not the spiders. Anywhoo, my sister and I were cleaning the bed one day and changed the sheets and lifted the bed and there was a HUGE chicken snake LOL we've been sleeping on this thing for god knows how long and I picked it up and tried to move it outside. I had it hanging upside down and it turned around and tried to bite my hand and I just threw it across the room and IDK where it went from there because we never found it again...hopefully it went into the mouse hole <--run down house..pretty gross =/

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
oh yah and I also captured a baby one months before we found that one...I kept the baby one in an aquarium and fed it mice hahahaha and it escaped and I couldn't find it for a long long time...My dad takes a shower one day and it slithers over his foot?! IDK what happened after that all I remember was "KIMBERLY...you and your damn snakes!"

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I think they come in the house (not through the tiolet) and end up in the bathroom or tiolet looking for water. Kathy I could see that happening in your area.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have to say, having a snake unexpectedly coming up between my legs, as I sit on a toilet, could possibly set my potty training back years and years and years. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Great now I gotta do a snake check every time I go to the bathroom.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
I have to say, having a snake unexpectedly coming up between my legs, as I sit on a toilet, could possibly set my potty training back years and years and years. :D

LOL LOL LOL:D:D:D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
Great now I gotta do a snake check every time I go to the bathroom.

You know, sometimes I just wish so badly this was an adult only site, when folks write the perfect things to comment on.... :rolleyes: :p :D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA @ Jacqui...just have it sensored :D
your about to set my potty training back from all this laughing!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
When I was a member of the North Texas Herpetological Society, I worked w/ the local Animal Control of several of the cities around there (Ft. Worth, Dallas, Arlington and all of the smaller municipalities therein)...we often got these kind of calls, and usually, it'd be one of these three (A) Chicken Snakes (Elaphe onsoletea lindheimerii), (B) Burmese pythons (Python molurus bivitattus) or (C) Ball pythons (Python regius)...only rarely anything else, but once I got called out and when I got there, there was maybe 12 cop cars...

I walk up the house, thinking that someone was REALLY over-reacting, but it turns out it was a drug bust and the "perp" kept his goods and $$$ in a great big tank full of rattlesnakes...should've seen the cops dancing out of my way as I removed the rattlers from their enclosure and into my buckets. :p

Another time I get a call from an apartment manager, who told me that they'd just evicted a tenant, who retaliated by letting his pet cobra loose...kinda skeptical, I carefully searched and found out that no, he hadn't released a cobra, he'd released three...two Monacled Cobras (Naja kaouthia) and a Siamese Spitting Cobra (Naja siamensis)...the Spitter was in the toilet!

That was one ENTIRELY too exciting day! :rolleyes:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
nicoleandrocky said:
hahaha! have you ever seen a mouse that has come up through the sewer into the toilet?

nopers, I have not.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Angi said:
I think they come in the house (not through the tiolet) and end up in the bathroom or tiolet looking for water. Kathy I could see that happening in your area.
My area? I was thinking more like Ramona! I am on 2 acres and I hope my 3 dogs help keep them away. One dog did get bit by a rattler when we lived in RB. It was scary but a few thousand dollars later we still have her.
Rattle snakes just freak me out. I always think there will be one in my car under the pedals. Not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.