Smallest Leopard Tortoise on TFO?

GeorgeUK

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Good Day!

So, I have owned Lady Dorothy for five weeks now. What a wonderful animal she is. Having kept lots of different Reptiles, including many Snakes... I am so surprised at how much personality she has! I'm so used to my pets completely ignoring me, or biting me. She's a breath of fresh air :)

I have spoken to her previous owner, and she has assured me that Lady Dorothy was born in mid-2011 in Manchester, England. Making her, 4 & a half years old.

I have discussed her size in previous threads & it was suggested that when brought up in cooler climates, Leopards seem to be a bit smaller.
I am shocked at her size compared with some much younger Leopards on here, who are double her size!
Still, I wanted to post a few update photo's & also ask about her Pyramiding...

She has grown somewhat since I got her, but her Pyramiding hasn't increased as far as my eyes can see (anyone else see differently!?)
but how bad would you say it is on a scale of 1-10?
All of the pyramiding happened under the previous owners care who raised her in a very dry environment.

She's eating, pooping, peeing, drinking, and acting normal :)
Looking good, isn't she? =D
The day I got her: 20/11/2015
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451434753.494368.jpg
Today: 28/12/2015
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451434727.979841.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451434812.095771.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451434824.477173.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have seen far far worse over the years

GeorgeUK

United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies :) reassuring to know that she's doing okay. Lovely looking torts! Haha, that's cute & funny Jodie, they have so much personality :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think she looks great! Lola has pyramiding so assume he was started and kept dry too in his pervious home. He has daily soaks now and I think it's under control and not getting any worse now. Lola is much bigger than Lady D, but I don't know exactly how old he is - the first vet I saw thought about 10, then a year ago I saw a huge leopard about 16" long, that was 7 so deducted that Lola must be younger so settled on 3. Truth is they all grow at different rates so I doubt I will ever know.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
George your leopard looks good. SLight pyramiding but definitely nothing to panic over. It looks healthy and we look forward to more updates

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
As others have noted, your tortoise looks very good. With a lot of leopards, they will still pyramid no matter what it seems. Anything smoother than yours I would consider to be an exception.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I think she is very pretty, lumps or not, that face is to die for.

GeorgeUK

United Kingdom
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate the kind words about Lady Dorothy! I can't wait for Summer again here in England to let her outside (she's never been outside as far as I know, as she was raised in a pet shop environment!) That moment will be one to treasure!

GeorgeUK

United Kingdom
I think she looks great! Lola has pyramiding so assume he was started and kept dry too in his pervious home. He has daily soaks now and I think it's under control and not getting any worse now. Lola is much bigger than Lady D, but I don't know exactly how old he is - the first vet I saw thought about 10, then a year ago I saw a huge leopard about 16" long, that was 7 so deducted that Lola must be younger so settled on 3. Truth is they all grow at different rates so I doubt I will ever know.

Yeah It's a shame that there isn't a way to determine their age exactly for people who don't have that information like yourself. Lola is so big compared to Lady D, I think It's so cool how different each Leopard is from the next one!

I have said for years that all Reptiles should be sold with a passport, like Horses here in the UK. That way, we know where and when they were born, what their general medical history is & any distinguishing features should they be lost or stolen!

If I was a breeder, I would certainly create my own version of that and provide it to the new owner :)

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I think you have a very nice looking Leopard. Even though there is some pyramiding, it could be MUCH worse. Congrats on your new addition!