Smallest Acceptable Enclosure

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi, I might be getting a very small Hermann’s subspecies. My living situation has changed, and in the short term (next few years) I need a small enclosure. The tortoise will have to live in my bedroom, so I can’t use the large enclosure I have in storage.

What is the smallest tub size I can use for a Small Hermann’s tortoise 3 years or younger? I had planned to add potted plants and rocks to the enclosure but will I have room in the smallest enclosure I can use for a couple of year

Also, light and heat equipment recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
If you are going to get a tortoise and expect to keep it in the smallest enclosure perhaps you shouldn’t get one for now. A baby shouldn’t be kept in something smaller than a 4x3 Enclosure.

Quixx66

Louisiana
If you are going to get a tortoise and expect to keep it in the smallest enclosure perhaps you shouldn’t get one for now. A baby shouldn’t be kept in something smaller than a 4x3 Enclosure.
Already bought unrefundable before I knew I had to move. Too expensive to write that money off.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
what kind of tort? how much did you pay?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Have you received him yet? I could be in a position to take him for you. Also, where did you get him from?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
You are correct with that assumption and Chris never just ships without notice so you have plenty of time to figure out what's is best for you and the tort

Quixx66

Louisiana
You are correct with that assumption and Chris never just ships without notice so you have plenty of time to figure out what's is best for you and the tort
That’s good to know. I just got caught flat footed with my new betta. Old tank not useable, delayed deliveries, out-of-stock food or equipment, etc. I still haven’t received everything, and the fish has been here for a week. It’s been nerve wracking.

I posted early because I wanted plenty time to prep for tortoise if need be.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Get an elevated bed platform and put a 55 gallon container to start him in. Then build a whole setup under the bed