Small green patches

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
imo that doesnt look like the same thing though it would need labs to know for sure.

JMM

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I would stop brushing it with the toothbrush and saline. If there is indeed an infectious agent, you may be inadvertently making it worse by causing abrasion of the protective barrier of the skin and/or dislodging it and allowing it to spread. If you do indeed think there is a skin lesion, the only way to determine what it is, is to get a veterinarian to do a skin scraping or biopsy and obtain a diagnosis.

Juniper619

Las Vegas, NV
Thanks everyone. He's going through a shedding phase at the moment. I wait a few days until his skin is free from loose skin. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll update ya'll next week.

Juniper619

Las Vegas, NV
UPDATE: the little green patches turned to be normal skin patches. They eventually went away. I stopped giving him a warm bath for a week so that helped to clear up the patches. I now soak him every 2 to 3 days. Thank you again everyone for your help.
I do have a question: how do I know when my tortoise is ready to hibernate? Today he barely ate and he hasn’t gone to sleep yet (it’s 8:30 pm here). Very unusual behavior for him.