Slime and Squeaky tortoise

scrib._.blz

Location (City and/or State)
Qatar
I ha
I did ask my parents for a terracotta dish. But they accidently bought a plate for him. I put water and his lettuce in there and he drinks and eats. But I will definitely get a terracotta dish next time! Are you saying that Organic garden soil is fine for him as a subs
Organic Garden Soil will probably be the best thing that you can find where you live (;
I do have some garden soil out in my garden. My parents said that last year they added 'Camel poop' as a fertilizer. Is it ok if it was last year?

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I ha

I do have some garden soil out in my garden. My parents said that last year they added 'Camel poop' as a fertilizer. Is it ok if it was last year?
I would just recommend going and buying a new, unopened bag of organic garden soil. Just to be safe (;

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Do you happen to have an update on Sherdil and her enclosure?
I still cant get anything right now. But my parents are going to go get the wood I think this week. I am going to ask some people maybe in my neighborhood if they have an unopened bag of soil with no fertilizer.

Ogonki

Poland
Do you have any neighbors that maybe have some wood they don’t use?
Do you have any neighbors that could help you build a wooden box or possibly could walk about and gather few pieces of wood from them?

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Do you have any neighbors that could help you build a wooden box or possibly could walk about and gather few pieces of wood from them?
I asked my parents if they could help, and they said they could buy some wood and help me build it. But some of the stores are closed, because of covid, so I can't really get there soon, but I 'll check if there is a shop where I can buy some wood.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Do you happen to have an update on Sherdil and her enclosure?
I have a big update. My parents watched this video on how to make a cheap enclosure. They said that they could buy a big tub that can fit sherdil (around 3x4 feet) . Then they will fill it with fresh new soil and some bark pieces. We will also not buy a terracotta dish, because we did some research and it said that it will absorb the water. So we are getting plastic for his water and terracotta dish for his food!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I have a big update. My parents watched this video on how to make a cheap enclosure. They said that they could buy a big tub that can fit sherdil (around 3x4 feet) . Then they will fill it with fresh new soil and some bark pieces. We will also not buy a terracotta dish, because we did some research and it said that it will absorb the water. So we are getting plastic for his water and terracotta dish for his food!
Yay! That’s so awesome!! I would recommend going bigger if possible, though that will be a fantastic enclosure size for her while she is the size She is right now, she will need around a 5x 5 ft or an 4x8 ft when she reaches full maturity.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Yay! That’s so awesome!! I would recommend going bigger if possible, though that will be a fantastic enclosure size for her while she is the size She is right now, she will need around a 5x 5 ft or an 4x8 ft when she reaches full maturity.
He is still very small so I am sticking to 3x4 or 4x3. Today my parents also said we could start looking for a tortoise vet.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Nie ma. Ten temat to rzeka.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Another Update: We got an enclosure! We got a terracotta dish for his lettuce and a little plant pot so that he can hide in it. My parents are going to get the soil and an artificial plant today. We put him in a hot area in our house which is at the top. It reaches 30 - 40 degrees Celsius. For the vet we are going to call one more vet, and if it is better then we'll book an appointment there, but if its not, we will choose the other one!

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Another Update: We got an enclosure! We got a terracotta dish for his lettuce and a little plant pot so that he can hide in it. My parents are going to get the soil and an artificial plant today. We put him in a hot area in our house which is at the top. It reaches 30 - 40 degrees Celsius. For the vet we are going to call one more vet, and if it is better then we'll book an appointment there, but if its not, we will choose the other one!
I have a question: Should I pack the substrate? Or should I leave it unpacked? Because sherdil doesnt seem to like it unpacked. (That could just be me thinking that!)

scrib._.blz

Qatar
A
I have a question: Should I pack the substrate? Or should I leave it unpacked? Because sherdil doesnt seem to like it unpacked. (That could just be me thinking that!)
Also we got sherdil a flower pot to hide in. Is that ok?

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Yes, pack it down with hands!
Ok Ill pack it! And Ill make sure to take a picture. For a vet instead of looking for the expensive ones we are going to try a vet online and see what they say about sherdil. But we might do that next week, since we want to see if the enclosure might be helping him.