Slime and Squeaky tortoise

scrib._.blz

Location (City and/or State)
Qatar
Soil can be ok IF you know that it hasnt neen treated with any chemicals or additives (like fertilizer) because those can be harmful to your tort. It would still be better if you are able to find one of the substrates suggested in the care sheet. Do you know if there was anything pur on the plants to keep the bugs away?
He is getting a bit better. But he is making this clicking sound sometimes when he breathes so then he opens his mouth. Can I have a bit of help for that?

Manchester
He is getting a bit better. But he is making this clicking sound sometimes when he breathes so then he opens his mouth. Can I have a bit of help for that?
Have you made all of the recommended changes to your tortoise's enclosure since the last time you posted? I can see its been a couple of weeks.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
It's clicking because you need to make the appropriate adjustments. Please get reptile lamps and get the appropriate lighting for your tortoise. You need to get a real reptile cage and not use a popcorn bowl for your tortoise to live. It will surely do horrible in that as an enclosure.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Hi!
I am really proud of you for coming up here to search for an advice.

Do you have any neighbors that maybe have some wood they don’t use?
Do you have any neighbors that could help you build a wooden box or possibly could walk about and gather few pieces of wood from them?

How about your school could you maybe ask kids at school if they have any wood they could give you? Maybe you could show a drawing of what you are trying to build and they can help you.

Also I think possibly the plastic tub you have can be 30 cm not 30 inches. Is that possible?

What is the temperature inside of your house ?

I know this is not easy. I had animals as a kid and my mom was not always able to help either. Neither she had the knowledge to do so.

You live in Qatar ?

sorry so many questions

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Hi!
I am really proud of you for coming up here to search for an advice.

Do you have any neighbors that maybe have some wood they don’t use?
Do you have any neighbors that could help you build a wooden box or possibly could walk about and gather few pieces of wood from them?

How about your school could you maybe ask kids at school if they have any wood they could give you? Maybe you could show a drawing of what you are trying to build and they can help you.

Also I think possibly the plastic tub you have can be 30 cm not 30 inches. Is that possible?

What is the temperature inside of your house ?

I know this is not easy. I had animals as a kid and my mom was not always able to help either. Neither she had the knowledge to do so.

You live in Qatar ?

sorry so many questions
Yeah but my house gets a bit cold. (23- 28 c) I cannot go outside because I am quarantined. (Dont worry I dont have the virus!) Mine is 30 inches but i can check again. He likes to stay outside his cage. But my parents said that maybe they could buy a mat for him which he can walk around on. He seems pretty healthy and happy, but I am still worried about the clicking noises! Should I take him to the vet? Or is there a way that I can cure him at home?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I urge TFO members giving advice to Sherdil, please remember, that he is a 14 year old kid in a foreign country with parents who strict and don't seem to realize, even tho he has been told from the very beginning, he has parents. So I believe he is doing the best he can, and I personally think this needs to be handled differently, with more patience and understanding please!

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Did you make the changes to his lights and the enclosure as suggested before?
I changed his cage but I couldn't order the substrate yet. I will ask my parents if I can order it today. For the lighting I tried a lamp but some people said that he would burn. So do I keep the lamp?

scrib._.blz

Qatar
I urge TFO members giving advice to Sherdil, please remember, that he is a 14 year old kid in a foreign country with parents who strict and don't seem to realize, even tho he has been told from the very beginning, he has parents. So I believe he is doing the best he can, and I personally think this needs to be handled differently, with more patience and understanding please!
I am actually a 11 year old and (a girl) my parents aren't really actually strict. Its just they cannot be sure about the things we need. I am going to ask them today If I can get a substrate for Sherdil. Thanks for the help!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I changed his cage but I couldn't order the substrate yet. I will ask my parents if I can order it today. For the lighting I tried a lamp but some people said that he would burn. So do I keep the lamp?
Yes get a 65 w incandescent bulb - ask your parents for it. Can you also post a picture of the new cage?

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Can you get a glass cage like this? And a light like this with the black lamp for the light? You can try amazon even.

Attachments

• C9A85AE2-D1D3-4833-B7BD-528A30827CAB.png
    C9A85AE2-D1D3-4833-B7BD-528A30827CAB.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 127F6D7E-1579-492E-83CA-FF0854DC8113.png
    127F6D7E-1579-492E-83CA-FF0854DC8113.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 4CA414B0-CC64-48B4-A2CC-CD583B987857.png
    4CA414B0-CC64-48B4-A2CC-CD583B987857.png
    3 MB · Views: 11