Slime and Squeaky tortoise

harrythetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Sadly, I cannot immediately go to the vet. But I did a tiny bit of research and read over what you said. I got the highest watt bulb. I will see if I can find a higher watt bulb. I brought a lamp with the bulb and placed it over him. He seems extremely happy. But if you think I did something wrong/I need to add something, please tell me.
Can you post some pictures of the "lamp and the bulb" you got for him?

harrythetortoise

Virginia
here is one more question: Is organic soil a good bedding for him? I wanted to see if I can maybe make a better "cage" for him. For now, he likes staying outside his cage and I let him. He sleeps out there too.
Did you read the care sheet at all? If you did, you would know that
"There are only three viable options. Coco coir, orchid bark, and cypress mulch."
Also, as for letting him stay outside of his "cage" and sleep "out there" it is not acceptable at all. He became sick in the first place because he is TOO COLD, with no basking lamp/night lamp/ambient temp & humidity too low and incorrect!
He needs a proper husbandry, or he will get sick and die.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
ok but ive got a problem. He just peed. But it is letting out a disgusting smell. I tried washing him but the smell is still there.
You have to have a proper substrate in which he can pee/poop/dig into if he wants to. With proper substrate the pee won't smell.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sadly, I cannot immediately go to the vet. But I did a tiny bit of research and read over what you said. I got the highest watt bulb. I will see if I can find a higher watt bulb. I brought a lamp with the bulb and placed it over him. He seems extremely happy. But if you think I did something wrong/I need to add something, please tell me.
Please don't use that bulb with that baby in a bowl, it will get too hot and cook him. He needs a bigger habitat (home). He needs special soil, heat, light and room. You are too young to do this without help from your parents. Please tell your parents that he will die without change. You MUST change everything about his care or he will die.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Honey, if you put a hot light over that bowl, you will cook him and he will die. He needs a bigger container. Have you asked your parents to read that care sheet? Are you afraid to go to your parents? What country are you in? We want to help you.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Honey, if you put a hot light over that bowl, you will cook him and he will die. He needs a bigger container. Have you asked your parents to read that care sheet? Are you afraid to go to your parents? What country are you in? We want to help you.
Can you please send me the link to the care sheet? I will show it to my parents. It is not a very hot bulb. about 40w

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Did you read the care sheet at all? If you did, you would know that
"There are only three viable options. Coco coir, orchid bark, and cypress mulch."
Also, as for letting him stay outside of his "cage" and sleep "out there" it is not acceptable at all. He became sick in the first place because he is TOO COLD, with no basking lamp/night lamp/ambient temp & humidity too low and incorrect!
He needs a proper husbandry, or he will get sick and die.

Hey, TFO...this is a child in a foreign country, let's go easy on this one. Maybe we can help this little tortoise. And Harry...this is NOT pointed at you. You simply provided the best place for me to stick this...

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Hey, TFO...this is a child in a foreign country, let's go easy on this one. Maybe we can help this little tortoise. And Harry...this is NOT pointed at you. You simply provided the best place for me to stick this...
I don't know why. this is a lot of stress. I mean there are some people saying I should put him in heat, and some saying I should not. Please give me some help.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Can you please send me the link to the care sheet? I will show it to my parents. It is not a very hot bulb. about 40w

This is the care sheet. Can you show this to your parents?

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I don't know why. this is a lot of stress. I mean there are some people saying I should put him in heat, and some saying I should not. Please give me some help.
We will help you. But it would be best to have your parents involved in this as well.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
I understand that the OP is a child. I've been following this thread since he posted the first one about 2 weeks ago, and I am just concerned that this tortoise will not survive because there seems to have been no change during the 2 weeks. I want him to understand the urgency of the matter...

scrib._.blz

Qatar
I understand that the OP is a child. I've been following this thread since he posted the first one about 2 weeks ago, and I am just concerned that this tortoise will not survive because there seems to have been no change during the 2 weeks. I want him to understand the urgency of the matter...
PLEASE show me a care sheet. I have told my parents. They said to show it to them, but I don't know which one to trust. Sherdil, my tortoise, has been going away from the light.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

I cannot see that photo clearly, but I think your tortoise is a Hermanni
I know, but we are telling you these things because it is serious.
We tell you he needs heat...yes
We ALL know what the future hold for this little tortoise. But maybe with kindness dripping all over we can save this little tortoise. So I will back out and others should too and you handle this so the kid doesn't feel like a whole buncha people are attacking, and give consistent advice...You're on Super man...hit it!!!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
PLEASE show me a care sheet. I have told my parents. They said to show it to them, but I don't know which one to trust. Sherdil, my tortoise, has been going away from the light.

This one. Have your parents read it and post questions if they have any. We want to help your baby survive.

scrib._.blz

Qatar

This one. Have your parents read it and post questions if they have any. We want to help your baby survive.
thank you guys so much.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

But before I leave. I think it's Hermanni...

harrythetortoise

Virginia
But before I leave. I think it's Hermanni...

I think both of them will be helpful ?