Slime and Squeaky tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
In the care sheet it said ' I start babies in a 30x48 inch closed chamber ' So my tub is fine?
Hi Sherdil! 30x48 inches would work out at around 120 CM in length - so your 60 CM tub unfortunately wouldn’t be large enough ☹️ This is also just a minimum, and we recommend going even larger if possible!

Have a look at “vivariums” online - I find there is always second hand ones that people no longer need that you can get cheaper. This is a good example of a “closed chamber” ?

TaylorTortoise

Abington
So the tub is not ok? Plus He used to do this snapping sound when he would breathe but now it has stopped. Is that good?
The tub is not ok. He will not survive in that. Get a glass reptile cage maybe if you search a local pet store and see online if they have tanks! And everything else you need. Dome fixture light, basking light, uvb light, so 2 dome fixtures, substrate and two small shallow bowls for food and water.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Hi Sherdil! 30x48 inches would work out at around 120 CM in length - so your 60 CM tub unfortunately wouldn’t be large enough ☹ This is also just a minimum, and we recommend going even larger if possible!

Have a look at “vivariums” online - I find there is always second hand ones that people no longer need that you can get cheaper. This is a good example of a “closed chamber” ?
Ok I'll search That up

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Glass tanks are way too expensive. You'd need a very big one for a full grown Russian tortoise and a big glass tank would cost TOO much. Just look for a large plastic tub, something like this:

1615820223397.png

Get the biggest one you can afford.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
Glass tanks are way too expensive. You'd need a very big one for a full grown Russian tortoise and a big glass tank would cost TOO much. Just look for a large plastic tub, something like this:

View attachment 320914

Get the biggest one you can afford.
I dont have a full grown tortoise but hes a baby. Ill check if I can find something like that. Thanks!

scrib._.blz

Qatar
That would still be too small unfortunately!

Is there any way you could give your phone/laptop to your parents? Maybe if we can talk to them directly we can explain how they can help you and your Tortoise find the right sized enclosure :)
Sure! But right now they are busy, so maybe after they are free.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
That would still be too small unfortunately!

Is there any way you could give your phone/laptop to your parents? Maybe if we can talk to them directly we can explain how they can help you and your Tortoise find the right sized enclosure :)
I found this storage box that carries 60Ltr. Is that good or too small?.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I found this storage box that carries 60Ltr. Is that good or too small?.
Probably too small because the volume is calculated using the height as well as the width and length.
The measurements you are being given are in inches - so you need to convert the cms to inches to get an idea of what you need.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
@Sherdil Hi Sherdil. Any update on your Tort? Is he feeling better?
He is feeling better. My parents said that we could take him to the vet soon. We are still looking for a good cage. but I have made up my mind and have decided that i will make a cage out of wood. He is making bubbles rarely now and doesnt squeak often. I think this is because we are taking him walks.

scrib._.blz

Qatar
@turtwigtortoise @Lyn W He is feeling better. My parents said that we could take him to the vet soon. We are still looking for a good cage. but I have made up my mind and have decided that i will make a cage out of wood. He is making bubbles rarely now and doesn't squeak often. I think this is because we are taking him walks and taking him warm baths daily.