Slick Soaking and Shedding

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
I have seen so many BTS,s with deformed feet , missing toe's and claws that I am probably a little paranoid ! I am lucky because Slick loves to soak !

shed 0.jpg

Once he soaks a while all that shed loosens up and comes off in big pieces !

shed 1.jpg

I like to pay special attention to the "ear plugs" and of course those tiny little feet !

shed 2.jpg
shed 3.jpg

The feet shed should come off like tiny little gloves !

shed 4.jpg
101.jpg

This is how I have been doing it with good results . I hope it could help others !

Attachments

• shed 0.jpg
    shed 0.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
  • shed 1.jpg
    shed 1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 5

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have always been told with lizards in general and read to not pull off the shed. Let it come off naturally. Also have read and been told to soak more or spray more during shedding.
I have Uro, Bearded, gecko and used to have chameleon.

Bambam1989

East Texas
My leopard gecko soaks herself in her water bowl and sheds smoothly. I never interfere with her shedding because she eats the peal when I leave her alone.
"Gecko" is now about 13 years old. What is the life expectancy of the blue tongues?

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
My leopard gecko soaks herself in her water bowl and sheds smoothly. I never interfere with her shedding because she eats the peal when I leave her alone.
"Gecko" is now about 13 years old. What is the life expectancy of the blue tongues?

20 years or so in captivity . From what I understand most gecko's eat their shed .

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I have always been told with lizards in general and read to not pull off the shed. Let it come off naturally. Also have read and been told to soak more or spray more during shedding.
I have Uro, Bearded, gecko and used to have chameleon.

I am glad that works well for you . I am just pointing out a problem area for BTS,s and how I deal with it . It is not mandatory by any means .

toes.jpg