Sleepy baby

Cheryl1503

Location (City and/or State)
Lanarkshire
Hi ??‍♀️
I am really just looking for a bit of reassurance - feel as if this forum is a permanent fixture in my daily routine at the minute!
Todd is 4 months and has been with me for a week and up until today has been really active and hardly sleeping through the day. But today he’s finding it hard to keep his wee eyes open!
He hasn’t pooped in 2 days, didn’t eat much yesterday but ate really well this morning and has more or less slept since

I have been giving him daily soaks and have given him an extra 10 mins tonight to see if it wakes him up a bit - which it did but he kept falling asleep in the water

All my temps seem to be fine, he has no discharge or anything around his eyes and looks ok

Enclosure- 4’ x 2’ vivarium
Lighting - strip light
Heat- 75w giving a hot side of 30 Celsius and basking spot of 32
Cool side 26 and night time about 20

Is my baby ok?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
20C might be a bit too cool. What does he eat? What kind of substrate? Substrate moist or dry? What kind of heat fixture, brand?

Cheryl1503

Lanarkshire
20C might be a bit too cool. What does he eat? What kind of substrate? Substrate moist or dry? What kind of heat fixture, brand?
Hi, I thought 20 Celsius over night was ok for him? ? he is eating shop bought at the minute, pak Choi, kale and rocket with calcium powder, he is on moist coir. I’m not sure of the brand that of light fixing sorry image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your temps seem fine. Maybe try adding some plants so he doesn't feel so exposed. Does he have a hide?
When my leopard was young he not only slept a lot cuz he was a baby but also when he got used to the enclosure. I would once a month or so change things around so he would go on the hunt of checking everything out that had been moved or added. When he scoped it out enough, he would go back to sleeping a lot more.
They get up, eat, roam, sleep and repeat throughtout the day with more sleeping then anything else.

Cheryl1503

Lanarkshire
That’s reassuring! It’s just that he has been so active through the daytime so far! I gave him a tiny bit of strawberry with his greens this morning as a treat so I was wondering if it maybe hadn’t agreed with him!
He does have a hide yeah , I’ve just put his lights and heat off for the night and he has taken him self into it for bed! Haha
I’m going to get him some extras for his enclosure, some pebbles and plants, just not sure what plants to put in there? Fake or real? I’m in Scotland