Sleeping too much or new mum syndrome?

Beads86

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi all

sorry for what feels like a constant barrage of questions but I just wanted to check on my little dudes sleeping pattern. Clive wakes up within half an hour of his light coming on and basks for a bit. He usually does his business then too and that’s all regular and normal. I then soak him for about 20 mins (if he hasn’t already done his stuff he does it in the water) I then feed him and he is eating well. He has a mad hour exploring his enclosure and if it’s warm I’ve started letting him out in the garden for a bit now too. He used to then go to sleep about4.30pm like clockwork.

however, the last couple of days he seems to be going to sleep earlier and earlier. Yesterday was about 2.30 and today he has took himself off to bed at 2pm. He is otherwise fine. Is this normal and am I just worrying or should I actually be worried.

FI his basking temp is between 32 and 35c, elsewhere between 20 and 25c and humidity between 75 and 85.

Blair64

Scotland
I wouldn’t be worried, not everyday is the same. As long as he is eating and drinking well. I wouldn’t worry at all. Although keep an eye on his behaviour and report if it changes dramatically

Rocky219

Massachusetts
How old is your Tortoise?
What type of UVB do you have?

I wouldn't be too worried. Tortoises sleep some days more than others. Baby Tortoises sleep more than adults. If you have a coil type UVB light like this then you need to get rid of it because it could be causing your Tortoise to be lethargic and to rub its eyes.