Skink breeders in IL?

Twinmom2012

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois
Looking to get a blue tongued skink. I am near Chicago, but would be willing to travel to the right breeder. If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thanks in advance. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I recommend a captive bred Northern. They are born in spring, so you are unlikely to find one that has not already sold. No harm in looking. I know of no breeders in Illinois, but overnight shipping is quick and easy from anywhere in the country. Most of the breeders live in warmer areas of the country. We have a member here named JeffG who, although as humble and quiet as anyone you've ever met, is a top breeder. I got one of mine from him and I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff and the lizard. He is alos the one who would know about breeders in your state. I'd send him a message.

@JeffG , can you hear me now?

Twinmom2012

5 Year Member
Chicago, Illinois
Tom, so funny you replied. It was your post about receiving the baby from JeffG that solidified my decision. I did send Jeff a message, so I'll wait to hear. I am not opposed to waiting for a baby, since I'm still researching them. Thank you for your help, and thanks for your post which confirmed my decision to begin keeping such a handsome reptile. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom, so funny you replied. It was your post about receiving the baby from JeffG that solidified my decision. I did send Jeff a message, so I'll wait to hear. I am not opposed to waiting for a baby, since I'm still researching them. Thank you for your help, and thanks for your post which confirmed my decision to begin keeping such a handsome reptile. :)

I don't now anyone who has gotten one and not loved it. They are really cool lizards. I wish I'd gotten into them sooner.

Ashley Roscoe

I know this is late, but if you are still looking-

This sat and Sunday (March 14 and 15) in tinley park, the NARBC (North American reptile breeders conference) will be hosted. It is about 15$ to get in, but man is it worth it!! Lots of reptile lovers and many cute reptiles;) hundreds and thousands of reptiles are there

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If you haven't already checkout bluetongueskinks.net There is a wealth of info on these wonderful guys there.

Dave’s_Skinks

Chicago
I know this is a little late but I'm a Blue Tongue Skink breeder out of Chicago Illinois. I specialize in Northern Australian Blue Tongue Skinks and Indonesian Irian Jaya Blue Tongue Skinks. All are captive born and bred (cbb). Babies should be coming any week now. Check me out at www.davesskinks.com