skin tag ?

Colin =D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ireland
Hey guys, bit of help needed.

I'v noticed that my female tortoise has a skin tag like thing where her spur should be, It doesn't seem to bother her but I have to manually clean around it and it does seem tender when touched causing her to squirm a bit and thats unlike her.

She's a Spur Thigh Tortoise maybe a little over the 5 year mark ill put up a close photo later when my girlfriend gets home.

Any information will be great.

Thanks

Colin

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds like the spur got knocked off. Inside each spur is a little area of sensitive tissue just like what you would find if your fingernail were removed. It will eventually become hardened and not sensitive anymore, but I'm not sure another spur will ever cover it.

Colin =D

5 Year Member
Ireland
Hi guys.

So couldn't get a picture of the missing spur because she keeps covering with her tail, But from what I have seen she's back to normal swelling gone down looks fine. Not sensitive anymore, i'm guessing that it was caused by my frisky male tortoise trying to get some special attention from her, he is rough sometimes.

Sorry for delay of info and lack of photo. Will keep a special eye on them and there playing.

Have a lovely day guys.

Colin