Size of Libyan vs. Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Is there a size difference between the Libyan Greek (Testudo graeca cyrenicae) and the Golden Greek (Testudo graeca terrestris)? We've been trying to make sense of the greek tortoises and I'm sure not surprising to everyone, it takes a while to grasp the differences.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm not too sure of the size differences but I just wanted to say Welcome and I love the set up! I currently have 8 Greeks, and a few others

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
sushisurf13 said:
I'm not too sure of the size differences but I just wanted to say Welcome and I love the set up! I currently have 8 Greeks, and a few others

Thanks! I used to live in Southern California. Sometimes we talk about moving someplace more tortoise friendly again (CA or AZ). But here is a picture of where we live...it really is great here in north Idaho, despite the tortoise limitations it imposes on us!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
sushisurf13 said:

Thanks! I used to live in Southern California. Sometimes we talk about moving someplace more tortoise friendly again (CA or AZ). But here is a picture of where we live...it really is great here in North Idaho, despite the tortoise limitations it imposes on us!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
There isn't much difference size wise between the 2. Females of each both get 6 to 8 inches and males around 5 inches.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.