Sick tortoise?

Kipley

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, WA
Wow
A cyst? Is it hard or soft? Does it move easily under the skin or is it pretty fixed (stuck)? Is it tender for him when u touch it?

Honestly, I would search high and low to find a vet that could see him asap. I know my vet is open reduced hrs, so there may be in ur area too. Google your local Herp Society or if there are any tort rescues in your area that may know of one.

Please find him help asap and keep us posted ! He's absolutely precious. ❤
Vets here in Washington State are considered essential services and all are open. They are all doing curb side service; you stay in the car and they come out and get the patient.
I would start calling vets in your area.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Vets here in Washington State are considered essential services and all are open. They are all doing curb side service; you stay in the car and they come out and get the patient.
I would start calling vets in your area.

Same in my area. Call around. There should be at least an emergency clinic open or a vet that will do a house call.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Not any time soon. None open near me with everything going on.
They generally are still making appointments and working around the virus stuff...Call an exotic Vet and tell them it's an emergency. At least that's what the Vets here are doing

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm in south Florida I'm thinking if calling my supplier tomorrow and ask them if they have any ideas.
If you can get him to Dr.K (like Yvonne said)... she is the best!!!! I watch her on tv.
You should definitely go to her!!!!
But if you can’t go that far...
I could only find a pet hospital closest to you
but I don’t know if they have an “exotics” dept...? You can call and find out or maybe they can refer you to an “exotics” one??

Attachments

• 6DADD6FF-3F1E-415E-9CF8-B2AE924C8FDF.png
    6DADD6FF-3F1E-415E-9CF8-B2AE924C8FDF.png
    518.6 KB · Views: 6
  • B4E48514-BF35-43D0-8797-BDF46C230EBA.png
    B4E48514-BF35-43D0-8797-BDF46C230EBA.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 6

Twin65

Plantation
Ok so update. While he still seems tired. He actually picked at food today and so far no gagging or vomiting. Upped the temp and humidity last night. Strange lump still there but not as big. Soaking him with some pedialyte and water mix as I was recommended by my cousin who works with reptiles. Going to call dr. K

Melissacoop

Pembroke Pines, FL
You’re near me. So definitely Dr K. She may work at different offices, too. Maybe one in Hollywood so I’d call. There’s also an exotic vet in Sunrise at Welleby Animal Hospital. The vet owns a tortoise but I don’t know how good she is.