Sick Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGCinHB

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
It looks like my sulcata has a URI, he has a runny nose and eyes and occasionally makes a gasping sound. Can anyone recommend a good reptile vet in the huntington beach/orange county area. A friend of mine told me he has some Baytril tablets that his vet gave him for his dog, would these be alright to give to my tortoise and if so what is the doseage per weight when given orally? thanks in advance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Its NEVER a good idea to give out dosages over the internet like this. There are too many variables. For instance, the tablets that my vet gave to me for my aldabs are huge and it takes two tablets per tortoise. Because of the percentage of medication, it took two tablets per 100lbs. The tablets are obviously for large animals. Your friend's dog medication might be for a small dog, and be a small percentage of medication per tablet, so it might take a half a tablet or then again, it might take two or three tablets. Its just best to get your own medication so that the vet can weigh your tortoise and give you the correct medication and dose for the size of your animal.

Yvonne

FGCinHB

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Do you have any recomendations on a good vet I could take him to?

M

Maggie Cummings

Carlos Lopez, DVM
Brookhurst Animal Medical Center
1301 South Brookhurst Street
Anaheim, CA 92804
Tel: (714) 776-7387
Fax: (714) 563-0144

This is the only one I can find reasonably close to you...

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Sorry your tort is sick. You will need to make sure his temps are on the high end during his recovery. They need to stay a little warmer when they are ill.
Let us know what the vet says
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.