Sick (Egyptian) T. kleinmanni

katrvt

5 Year Member
I'm using my phone and switching from chrome to maps multiple times is not working well... Not sure how far you are from wherever, but the website for the association of reptilian and amphibian veterinarians has a good list of vets. Not easy to know which are truly good and which are just paying dues though.. if you are within reasonable distance of Chicago, there are several exotic exclusive hospitals there. Drs divers and mayer are at u of Georgia which MapQuest tells me is 7 hours and some change from you unfortunately. It also depends on how far is reasonable driving distance. Dr Theresa bays in belton missouri is good as well, again, not sure how far that is.

DrGrillz

5 Year Member
katrvt said:
I'm using my phone and switching from chrome to maps multiple times is not working well... Not sure how far you are from wherever, but the website for the association of reptilian and amphibian veterinarians has a good list of vets. Not easy to know which are truly good and which are just paying dues though.. if you are within reasonable distance of Chicago, there are several exotic exclusive hospitals there. Drs divers and mayer are at u of Georgia which MapQuest tells me is 7 hours and some change from you unfortunately. It also depends on how far is reasonable driving distance. Dr Theresa bays in belton missouri is good as well, again, not sure how far that is.

Unfortunately places like Chicago and Missouri are a good 5 hours or so drive each way. With my work schedule, its not possible. I did find another vet clinic based on the site you talked about and she is even closer than the one I visited. I will wait for the results I get tomorrow and see what I can do. That way I can provide information to another vet if I choose that route.

katrvt

5 Year Member
Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes please.

DrGrillz

5 Year Member
Update:

I am sad to inform you all, that my male Egyptian tortoise who's been sick has passed this morning. It occurred sometime between 2AM and 7:30 AM this morning. I had a suspicion the odd behavior last night could be related to this but I did not want to believe it. I spent time with him late last night, so did my wife, and deep down inside I felt like we had a "last goodbye" moment.

I've had him since 1997, and provided him with the best care and love I could. They are great pets, each of my tortoises have their own funny and unique personalities. People who don't own them may not see them as interesting pets, but they're great personal little creatures. I am thankful for having him in my life and wish I could have seen him "outlive" me. I wish others can learn from my experience, researching beforehand for a very good veterinarian, feed the best food and provide the best care you can for them.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Good Thread. Great info. Thanks. But very sorry for your loss.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Aww, I'm sorry for your loss... :(

DrGrillz

5 Year Member
As I mourn the loss of my pet, I'd like to share a shot of him at better times in his life. Here's one of my favorite shots of him, always photogenic and handsome for a little guy that he was:)

As he was a long-term WC animal, I can only guess to his birth year, (1995?)-2014.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 41

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
DrGrillz said:
As I mourn the loss of my pet, I'd like to share a shot of him at better times in his life. Here's one of my favorite shots of him, always photogenic and handsome for a little guy that he was:)

As he was a long-term WC animal, I can only guess to his birth year, (1995?)-2014.

He sure is nice looking!! How sad that we loss him. Is that pieces of corn on the floor?

RussianTortxo

5 Year Member
Florida
I love the little food stains on his face, my russian always has food leftovers on his chin, I think it's adorable :)