sick baby!

maddiewhorton

Location (City and/or State)
colorado
i got my baby lemon 3 ish weeks ago from underground reptiles and she’s sick. i don’t know what to do to help care for her. i took her to the vet saturday and he said give her antibiotics every 3 days. i’ve done that and she’s only gotten worse. she’s starting to eat again but i’m scared for her! 1DF12EE8-A0B1-4EF1-9969-D7CC594F66B8.jpegFB0DAC1F-B4DF-46B0-BA36-7E02BA14D323.jpeg

nicoleann2214

NY
i got my baby lemon 3 ish weeks ago from underground reptiles and she’s sick. i don’t know what to do to help care for her. i took her to the vet saturday and he said give her antibiotics every 3 days. i’ve done that and she’s only gotten worse. she’s starting to eat again but i’m scared for her! View attachment 307787View attachment 307788
Soak in warm water everyday for 30 minutes! what’s your enclosure like and temps?? @Tom

nicoleann2214

NY
i got my baby lemon 3 ish weeks ago from underground reptiles and she’s sick. i don’t know what to do to help care for her. i took her to the vet saturday and he said give her antibiotics every 3 days. i’ve done that and she’s only gotten worse. she’s starting to eat again but i’m scared for her! View attachment 307787View attachment 307788
I am concerned with what’s on her face? Has her left eye opened at all? @Tom

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
oh my goodness. wow. can you even see her eye? are there yellow bumps anywhere on her body? i dont mean to sound rude but is her head deformed? its hard to tell from the pics

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
i agree with Nicole and mastershake. i think her head is deformed :( can you send pictures of her enclosure, the temps and humidity percentage? this is very important so if you know anything that might help, please tell us! hopefully she makes it.. (underground reptiles is know to sell sick reptiles with yellow bumps)

maddiewhorton

colorado
oh my goodness. wow. can you even see her eye? are there yellow bumps anywhere on her body? i dont mean to sound rude but is her head deformed? its hard to tell from the pics
her head is shaped differed because of her cheek. and her eyes are shut. like they will t open. she’s get a yellow bump on the top/back part of her neck. i just thought that was her neck rubbing against her she’ll tbh.

maddiewhorton

colorado
underground should be ashamed of themselves selling babies like this honestly im shocked
[/QUOTE
I am concerned with what’s on her face? Has her left eye opened at all? @Tom
her temps are between 90-100. her left eye was opened for maybe 3 days max then it started shutting more and more every day. the vet said antibiotics should open both her eyes up again here soon. but that was all said saturday. he said to give her antibiotics every 3 days. last time i gave it to her was monday. the vet said she has second hand infections. and that’s i’m guessing her ear or something. all i know is it should fall off her face in chunks when soaking. and it is doing just that. we also give her eye drops everyday.

maddiewhorton

colorado
i agree with Nicole and mastershake. i think her head is deformed :( can you send pictures of her enclosure, the temps and humidity percentage? this is very important so if you know anything that might help, please tell us! hopefully she makes it.. (underground reptiles is know to sell sick reptiles with yellow bumps)
her temps are between 90-100. her left eye was opened for maybe 3 days max then it started shutting more and more every day. the vet said antibiotics should open both her eyes up again here soon. but that was all said saturday. he said to give her antibiotics every 3 days. last time i gave it to her was monday. the vet said she has second hand infections. and that’s i’m guessing her ear or something. all i know is it should fall off her face in chunks when soaking. and it is doing just that. we also give her eye drops everyday.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
if she has the same yellow bumps we have been seeing they are highly contagious and we believe are a result of something worse. can i see a good pic of the bump? what antibiotics are you giving her?

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
OK, the substrate looks okay. is that hay? or a fake carpet? looks like you have a cuttle bone which is great. you may need to replace your water bowl with a terracotta saucer but if you do daily soaks, it should be ok. i heard neosporin or an athlete foot fungus cream would be ok to rub on it..? not 100% sure..

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
neosporin really should not be used under heat lights (it has oils in it) or in the eye or mouth. the best thing i can recc for the skin is silver sulfadiazine cream but it is script only.

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Oh that poor little baby. I feel so bad for it. Hope it can pull threw and get better soon.
What’s wrong with its head?

I don’t live in the USA but I’ve been following along with this underground reptiles and the sick torts. They need to be SHUT DOWN!!
Seems like it’s a crime to sell people sick animals.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
@maddiewhorton What condition did your little one arrive in when you first received her? Did you contact Underground Reptiles about her condition?

shawnateerow

Maurice
I am so sorry. Im dealing with the same thing with 2 of my 3 hatchlings from underground. 1 has so many problems, but she's got alot of spirit and I'm doing whatever I can for her. Try to soak once a day in half carrot baby food and half warm water..the vitamin a has been helping my little girls eyes open more. And please do take some good pics of any yellow bumps, my little ones have the same and @mastershake is working with a lab to try to figure it out. They have seen alot of this from underground???

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
sadly from MANY places not just underground but underground has had the most cases we have seen so far

Vintage

Toronto
I've been following this thread because my little Russian also has swollen eyes and is off of his food.
Just an FYI about carrot baby food. If the baby food soaks are intended to provide vitamin A, you'd better check the nutritional labels before buying. I went to buy carrot baby food today and found that every brand had ZERO Vitamin A.

If you want high vitamin A baby food, check the nutrition labels first. I ended up buying an organic blend of sweet potato, blueberry and apple. It has 150% of the RDA for Vitamin A per serving. There was another high vitamin A blend but it contained yogurt so I avoided it. Another option would be to buy fresh carrots and puree them.