Sick 6 month old Sulcata Tortoise

Arely7410

Location (City and/or State)
Wenatchee
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help, we recently went on a small trip to California and bought a sulcata tortoise he was perfectly fine the first month but now he’s not eating, walking, drinking water, or opening his eyes. We live in Washington and I have no luck finding a Vet that can check him out till mid December we are truly worried he will die my kid’s are a mess just seeing lay there with no movements. Can anyone suggest anything ASAP please

Attachments

• 47B2FD88-77BE-40D3-B8B0-BBDBEA8DEF1C.jpeg
    47B2FD88-77BE-40D3-B8B0-BBDBEA8DEF1C.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 41
  • E7A2BB8E-5BD7-40B1-84AA-BB35052865BB.jpeg
    E7A2BB8E-5BD7-40B1-84AA-BB35052865BB.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 41
  • 03589BFE-184B-4048-AC18-C28C04C16098.jpeg
    03589BFE-184B-4048-AC18-C28C04C16098.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 41

Arely7410

Wenatchee
These are pictures I just took of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
These are pictures I just took of him
We need more info. How long have you had him?
What type of UV bulb are you using?
What size and type enclosure?
What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area and over night low?
What substrate?
Did the breeder soak daily, and keep them mostly inside on damp substrate with high humidity?

Arely7410

Wenatchee
We need more info. How long have you had him?
What type of UV bulb are you using?
What size and type enclosure?
What are your four temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area and over night low?
What substrate?
Did the breeder soak daily, and keep them mostly inside on damp substrate with high humidity?
Just want to update my baby tortoise did not wake up today. ? he passed away unfortunately ?? I have no idea what I will tell my son when he gets home from school

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Really sorry. I know it's hard but if you can answer the questions that Tom asked, it may help you with closure to understand what could of helped or what went wrong.
The place you got it from should be informed just in case they have other sick tortoises. All the best.

Arely7410

Wenatchee
Really sorry. I know it's hard but if you can answer the questions that Tom asked, it may help you with closure to understand what could of helped or what went wrong.
The place you got it from should be informed just in case they have other sick tortoises. All the best.
Thank you, I will definitely do that. I

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So sorry he didn't make it.

My first impression was of a baby that wasn't warm enough.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Just want to update my baby tortoise did not wake up today. ? he passed away unfortunately ?? I have no idea what I will tell my son when he gets home from school
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was a teacher for 22 years, and I know that children grieve the loss of pets. I also know that they rebound faster than adults. I always advised parents to follow their child's lead. If they want a funeral, then let them plan one. Make space for questions and honest answers. They will be okay.

I'm holding you and your son close to my heart.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry. We can help you figure out what went wrong, and we can help you start over and get it all right, if and when you want to.