Show us your Leopards!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Such a cool growth pattern. What is your setup?
8x2 aquarium that I modified. It is completely closed off and I cannot see inside of it. I insulated all of the glass because it sits in my garage. It has 2 CHE's on both ends on thermostats. One end has a mercury vapor bulb and the other just a plain 65 watt flood light. Temps alway stay around 82 and humidity always around 85. It has a pvc pipe that runs the length of the enclosure with holes in it that is hooked to a humidifier that I turn on about every 3 days. Here is the thread for the enclosure, like I said thought, it's completely insulated now. I couldn't find my thread but I did find where I had showed someone else.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/55-gallon-aquarium-sealed-chamber.148428/#post-1406475

Nickypoo

8x2 aquarium that I modified. It is completely closed off and I cannot see inside of it. I insulated all of the glass because it sits in my garage. It has 2 CHE's on both ends on thermostats. One end has a mercury vapor bulb and the other just a plain 65 watt flood light. Temps alway stay around 82 and humidity always around 85. It has a pvc pipe that runs the length of the enclosure with holes in it that is hooked to a humidifier that I turn on about every 3 days. Here is the thread for the enclosure, like I said thought, it's completely insulated now. I couldn't find my thread but I did find where I had showed someone else.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/55-gallon-aquarium-sealed-chamber.148428/#post-1406475

That is great! I love it. Do you supplement? Feed Mazuri?

Amore

South Africa
Enclosure inside and two days outside, uvb light 10 and baskig light. Lowest side 21 c and highest basking 38 c. Daily morning soaks, good poop almost everyday. Feeding mixed greens, with cut gras and some hay ( very little) and dry pellets for grazers twice a week. This is Tigger.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
That is great! I love it. Do you supplement? Feed Mazuri?
Yes I do feed Mazuri and a few other pellet supplements on occasion to my torts. This one however doesn't like it and has only been fed greens or weeds. He/She, I'm leaning he(tail size), has never eaten anything else.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489272949.338586.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Potentially I'll be picking up this little girl tomorrow. The gal I'm receiving her from found her in horrid habitat conditions at a pet store and couldn't just let her stay so she bought her. She has a total of 5 Leo's, and I'll be getting this one. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489611522.867648.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489611544.653910.jpg she's young enough that I think I'll have good luck working on her pyramiding.

Redeye

Heres my guy SPOT and I have had him for 23 years this July

Attachments

• IMG_2714.JPG
    IMG_2714.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 52

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
That's some awesome growth! what are you feeding that bugger?!
Greens, Greens and more greens lol...... She eats a mix of all kinds of store bought greens Endive, Escarole, Dandelion, Romaine etc.... I seeded my yard with fescue last fall and it stayed green all winter and grew during the cold months. I would just go out and hand cut it with scissors and she would mow through that too. I give her Mazuri just a few times a week mixed with grass, grassland tortoise food and repti-cal. She is different from all my other leopards, she follows me around and is very, very social. She dwarfs my 2 older ones.