Should I wake Squirt up for bath time in the morning?

Aorense

Location (City and/or State)
Seattle, washington
Hey guys,

I have been working from home with my previous job and so I usually wait for my tort to wake up around 9am to soak her. However, I start a new job next week where I would need to go to the office and I start at 8am. So I started waking her up earlier at around 730am for a soak. Just wondering if it’s good to wake them up everyday in the morning before I leave for work or should they be fine without daily soaks? Btw, Squirt is an 8month old tort. Here’s a photo of Squirt yawning the other day. ?

Attachments

• D9564D2D-DD81-4684-8577-9D872CAEDB88.jpeg
    D9564D2D-DD81-4684-8577-9D872CAEDB88.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 61

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Squirt needs a soak everyday. I wouldn’t be afraid to wake him up. Think it’s a good way to get them going for the day. Warm bath gets the metabolism going and is suppose to spur the appetite.
At 8 months old how much does he weigh? In grams please.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Have the lights on a timer and let them come on and go off at the same time each day.

Your tortoise’s day starts when the sun rises and the day gets warmer, so it starts when the lights come on.

It is is better for your tortoise if you follow his natural rhythm for a day with most activity earlier in the day.

Have the lights come on just before you get up, soak him as soon as you get up, tidy the enclosure, place food and clean water and leave him to it.

Aorense

Seattle, washington
Squirt needs a soak everyday. I wouldn’t be afraid to wake him up. Think it’s a good way to get them going for the day. Warm bath gets the metabolism going and is suppose to spur the appetite.
At 8 months old how much does he weigh? In grams please.

Squirt weighs about 80g and is about 3.5inches long. Thank you for this information. :)

Aorense

Seattle, washington
Have the lights on a timer and let them come on and go off at the same time each day.

Your tortoise’s day starts when the sun rises and the day gets warmer, so it starts when the lights come on.

It is is better for your tortoise if you follow his natural rhythm for a day with most activity earlier in the day.

Have the lights come on just before you get up, soak him as soon as you get up, tidy the enclosure, place food and clean water and leave him to it.
Thank you so much, I’ll have to buy some smart sockets for Squirt’s lights. :)

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Squirt weighs about 80g and is about 3.5inches long. Thank you for this information. :)
Does this seem right to anyone else with redfoots?
My tort is roughly 8 months and weighs 140g. Don’t have his length at the moment.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Hey guys,

I have been working from home with my previous job and so I usually wait for my tort to wake up around 9am to soak her. However, I start a new job next week where I would need to go to the office and I start at 8am. So I started waking her up earlier at around 730am for a soak. Just wondering if it’s good to wake them up everyday in the morning before I leave for work or should they be fine without daily soaks? Btw, Squirt is an 8month old tort. Here’s a photo of Squirt yawning the other day. ?
I wake both of mine up every morning at 7 to get the 30-45 min soak. Ghido is usually still sleeping. I just dip his little back legs in first and do a gentle swish just so he's not like the clown at the dunk tank first thing in the morning (not that he'd probably care... its more to make me feel better lol) then put him all the way in and let him chill while I get their food done and get ready for work. I check on them as I pass by the enclosures which is pretty frequent since I'm scatter brained lol

Vintage

Toronto
I soak my tort in the evenings while I'm watching TV after dinner. I put him in a tub on the side table next to my chair. I just keep an eye on the water temperature and change the water when it gets too cool. I find this schedule works for me because it's the only time of day I'm guaranteed not to be busy or distracted. It also allows me to supervise curious feline noses.

This is his "I just pooped" face.P_20201120_171353.jpg