Should I try to force feed

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thank you, I will certainly look into that now

I doubt if you will find any hibiscus flowers blooming in Yorkshire this time of year. Be careful if you are looking at plants from garden centres, they are more likely than not to have been sprayed with pesticides or topical fertilizers etc which arent good for your tort.

Good luck!

Sterant

5 Year Member
Albany, NY
He had blood sample taken and results suggested an infection so we,ve been administering antibiotics via injections every 3 days (10 in total). He did briefly pick up and started moving around more after about 3rd or 4th injection but didn’t maintain that and now he seems to be back to square 1
I meant - what brand of antibiotic are you using?

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
if I follow this correctly , your tortoise hasn't eaten in 3 months ? is he drinking ? anorexic animals are often dehydrated , which makes them less likely to eat , which progresses to the inevitable ……… you may consider sub q fluids and a vitamin b complex injection ……… both can stimulate eating , at least from what I've seen ……. I do agree with what was said about an initial cause , you need to solve that …….. the antibiotics initially getting a result , could be the initial cause was not addressed , or the infection was a secondary issue ……...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If you believe that your vet turns out to be any good, make sure to post his or her name and location in a post so that one of our administrators can ad it to our ever growing world wide vets list.