Should i soak my tortoise be4 eating or eat be4 soak

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Soaking definitely enables a more active tort it's either or and up to you. But typically torts are more active and get that "wake up" especially I'd you soak in the mornings. Id say that soaking should definitely play a higher percentage of a better food consumption ratio. But then again there going to do whatever they want anyways ;-)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I soak then Feed.

My little guys are pretty "regular" if I don't soak them by 6:45 am, they just poo where ever they happen to be setting.

An early Soak and poo before breakfast can only improve the appitite!

yoda3106

5 Year Member
See, I'm different, I soak ours in the evening after they've ate!! They live outside so I leave them to wake up naturally but I put there morning feed in at 10 then about 11ish they'll wake up, have a wonder and eat then go to the shade and snooze till about 4 when I put here 2nd feed in, then once they've finished, they wonder for a bit then I soak them then they go back in and they settle up for the night!! :) everybodys different!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've done it both ways and it doesn't seem to matter.

Akronic

5 Year Member
man i always soak before i feed, they end up pissin and crappin in the food.......it's a ***** to clean up and then prepare more food. just how i do things

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Depends on the weather, I'd I feel it is to cold for them to go outside yet, then they eat first. Otherwise they are bathed first then fed.

yarok

5 Year Member
I soak in the morning, then feed. He spends so much energy trying to get out of the tub that he works up a real good appetite. He also poops in the tub first thing in the morning which makes it much easier to keep his enclosure clean.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Fresh out of the bath and in to the food trough...

Attachments

• image-1012072310.png
    image-1012072310.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.