Should I re-home my russian?

jobroyo

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
ALSO POSTED TO CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS SECTION
Hey everyone.
I haven't been on here in awhile. I adopted a female russian tort. from a friend in March 2017- she was clearly being neglected, and I absolutely fell in love with her. I renamed her Ollie, and I attempted to turn a rabbit hutch into an enclosure for her. To be completely transparent with you guys- I feel like I am not caring for her enough. I am trying the best that I can, but I know someone, somewhere, can truly help her thrive. I am extremely dedicated to her, but my room is two small to house her, I am moving to go to college soon, I have two cats that are too curious, and her health is slowly declining no matter how much I bring her to the vet and follow their instructions. I cannot bear the thought of letting her be adopted by a stranger- she needs a tender loving home, and I feel like I can no longer provide that. The whole situation is awful. I also have a pre-existing medical condition that flares up, and I am just not home enough to watch her, bathe her, handle her, and love her. (And of course feed her, but I always remember to do that).
In other words- what are my options? Giving her up would kill me, but I am not the best home for her, no matter how hard I try.
For reference: I am located in the Portland metro area of Oregon.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If you feel you are not able to care for her correctly, then the humane thing to do is to give her to someone who can.