Shipping turtles torts

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington state
Just curious who to use for shipping. I got a quote from Washington state to California from UPS for $142.67. Any other shippers more reasonable?

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
No I haven't the turtle is a wood turtle only weighs 2 lbs. 7 inches long. I said between 5-10 lbs. thanks for your reply

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Seems a little high to me. The most I've paid for overnight shipping was ~55 bucks. That was from NY to CA however it was a small package with hatchlings. I prefer delta to UPS. I've had a bad experience with UPS.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have never shipped, however, I do know a lot of people use fedex next day and shipyourreptile.com. All my animals that have been shipped to me has been done by fedex next day and they ariive by 10:00 a.m.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It all depends upon the size of the box. Use the smallest box possible and the rate is cheaper.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
^^yes. Use shipyourreptiles. And from my recent experience shipping and adult female Russian, the smaller the box, the lower the price. And check for coupon codes. I was able use one and got 40% off.

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Seems a little high to me. The most I've paid for overnight shipping was ~55 bucks. That was from NY to CA however it was a small package with hatchlings. I prefer delta to UPS. I've had a bad experience with UPS.
I thought so to. I haven't shipped in years but I thought it would be more like 60.00. I'll get the pkg together with the turtle weigh it and look again. Delta dash and FedEx.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I wouldn't use UPS. Trust me.
Delta Dash or Ship your Reptiles

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Thank you all for your help. I'll get the smallest boxes outer and inner and weight it with him in and get quotes from your suggestions
:tort::):tort:

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
As mentioned, use the smallest box you can safely use, as you will normally be paying for dimensional weight when shipping live reptiles, so the larger the box, the more expensive it is to ship.

Our Get Help section is packed with info, but here is the link right to the Dimensional Weight FAQ- http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/en/get-help/get-help-shipping-tracking#question-33

If you haven't used one of our 40% off codes before, you can use APS40 for 40% off a shipment.

Tortoises are especially suited for shipping, they do extremely well. As long as you follow our packaging and temperature guidelines you should expect complete success.

Shipping your first live package can seem daunting, but it is actually a pretty simple and straightforward process. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions!