Shipping Sulcata to CA from HI

mmercier1

Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu, HI
Hi everyone!

This is my first post in the forum and it is an important one! I currently live in Honolulu, Hawaii, but am looking to move back to Northern California with my 5 year old Sulcata tortoise named La'akea. She is about 20lbs, a foot long and 8 inches wide. I am having trouble deciding on how to ship her back. I have looked at specialty animal shipping companies located in Hawaii, but I am not sure if there is a better way to do it. I have heard that Delta Dash was good way to ship tortoises and even just UPS. I am not confident in my ability to securely package La'a, especially with appropriate heat packs since it is quite cold at her final destination right now. Does anyone have any tips or had a similar experience? I'm looking for any sort of help so there isn't a wrong answer.

I appreciate it,

Matt

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Delta dash I have used to ship and receive and had good experiences. I'm not sure they are shipping animals right now though.
Shipyourreptiles also would be a good way to go.

mmercier1

Honolulu, HI
Delta dash I have used to ship and receive and had good experiences. I'm not sure they are shipping animals right now though.
Shipyourreptiles also would be a good way to go.
I'll have to check if they are. I never actually looked, I only assumed. I'll check out shipyourreptiles, thank you for your help!