Shipping 8.5lb 12in sully from MI

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I need help!!!! I found a great home for my sully in NC but I have no idea how to ship. I want to use usps but I could only find 2 day shipping online.
I need to know how to package her, keeping into consideration that it's probably going to be 20's/30's when I ship. Also is the usps a good way to ship?

Thanks in advance!!!

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Do NOT use usps, bad idea.... at the least use FedEx, and it MUST be guaranteed over night shipping only. IMO 20-30s is way too cold to ship. I just received a shipment today, but i hawked the weather forcast for a day we got up near 50, and i was still nervous about it. For not much more cost then Fedex, Delta airlines ships animals, direct flight, usually less than an 8 hour turn around. There is a sticky here somewhere of how to pack, ill find it for ya....

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Either way you have to be a verified shipper whether you want to use Fedex or the Airlines. USPS is not an option for shipping live animals.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also, if you plan on shipping real soon, check the weather forecast. There are some snowy, colder then 30's weather coming starting tomorrow late morning and continuing for at least a week.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Eric, or anyone else... Does anyone have any idea what the process is to become a verified shipper through either fedex or ups?

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Im pretty sure its as simple as opening an account and saving a payment method (bank account, credit card, etc). Typically its an easy process.

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
You can use ShipYourReptiles.com to get your proper packaging, and to book your label. We are a FedEx service.

Rates start at 20% off the FedEx retail rate. We also offer live arrival insurance, which no other service offers.

Your most significant obstacle this time of year is weather. Here in Denver it is in the single digits, very cold. We have temperature guidelines here, and our shipping kits do come with a heat pack.

The last suggested shipping day of the year will be December 16th. With a huge spike in holiday package volume, delays, missed deliveries and exceptions increase exponentially as we get closer to the holidays. December 16th is the last suggested ship date until after the New Year holiday has passed.

We are happy to walk you through the process, or answer any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]!