Shelly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
I went to check on the colony after work tonight. I noticed that Shelly was "sleeping" but her shell was open ( she never sleeps with her plastron down). I also smelled something that smelled a bit of death. At first I though their water needed changing (it sometimes smells like death when they poop yay for high protein poop). Then I went to pick Shelly up a she was gone. I had been expecting it for the last week or so but it makes me sad none the less. I am guessing that her long term health problems ( she had mbd, skin, shell and respiratory problems when I adopted her though she had recovered from the mbd and respiratory infections she had when I got her. She had also recovered from the ear and respiratory infection she had this year. ) I think that she may have had kidney and liver damage from the ten years of eating nothing but dry dog food before I adopted her. I think that is what finally caught up with her. Her last vet visit she was fine minus the fact she was still recovering from her ear infection. In the end I'm glad she has gone as she is no longer suffering.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Sad for your loss but very grateful that she experienced proper, loving care from you before she passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.