Shell

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Recently Tiddles, my three year old Hermanns tort has gotten these little circular dots on his shell and I’m not sure if it’s anything to worry about, I don’t think it’s shell rot but I also think I might be overreacting.. I’ve attached some pictures so you can see, anyone know if this is normal? Thanks ? (not sure if you can see it very well)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Recently Tiddles, my three year old Hermanns tort has gotten these little circular dots on his shell and I’m not sure if it’s anything to worry about, I don’t think it’s shell rot but I also think I might be overreacting.. I’ve attached some pictures so you can see, anyone know if this is normal? Thanks ? (not sure if you can see it very well)
It’s nothing to worry about. A lot of tortoises have those. Probably water stain.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its normal and not harmful, but we don't know what it is. We've guessed and speculated, but never found a solid answer. Do a search for "squiggly lines", and you can see previous discussions.