Kaykaser

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hello! How can I tell if my baby is starting to pyramid?image.jpgimage.jpg I got this baby sulcata 2 months ago. I was told that he was about 7 months old when I obtained him. His husbandry and diet was poor before I got him. This is my first sulcata but I think I’m on the right track now.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Pebbles should be along shortly.. he explains things more in depth

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Here is the updated version of the care sheet.

Where did you get your little one from?

Kaykaser

Florida
Here is the updated version of the care sheet.

Where did you get your little one from?

a friend of a friend gave him to me. His nails were painted when I got him and he never had any type of lights/heat or calcium prior to 2 months ago.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
a friend of a friend gave him to me. His nails were painted when I got him and he never had any type of lights/heat or calcium prior to 2 months ago.
Sounds like a rough start for the little one. Do you know what he weighs?

Not knowing where he came from, I'm going to recommend that you keep a close eye out for any yellow bumps or yellow spots on the legs, neck, or around the tail of your little one. We have been seeing a number of those cases on the Forum lately, and there are several threads related to that topic in the Tortoise Health section of the forum. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that, but I want you to be aware, just in case.

Kaykaser

Florida
Sounds like a rough start for the little one. Do you know what he weighs?

Not knowing where he came from, I'm going to recommend that you keep a close eye out for any yellow bumps or yellow spots on the legs, neck, or around the tail of your little one. We have been seeing a number of those cases on the Forum lately, and there are several threads related to that topic in the Tortoise Health section of the forum. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that, but I want you to be aware, just in case.
He is only 83 grams... :/ he’s gained 10 grams since I’ve had him. Yellow bumps... like yellow fungus?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
He is only 83 grams... :/ he’s gained 10 grams since I’ve had him. Yellow bumps... like yellow fungus?
Something like that, yes. Infected babies don't show symptoms all the time. Sometimes the yellow spots or bumps go away and come back.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
lol i think i responded to you over on facebook haha (my facebook in a different name). the yellow bumps look kind of like yellow fungus but are not a fungus at all. but we are seeing an alarming amount of cases the past few months. im working with labs to get it all figured out now. yours may be totally fine but they dont always show up right away keep an eye out for any small yellowish like blister type bumps.