She runs over everything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Hi everyone! I haven't been around much for the last week, we've been so busy here! I am so surprised how much of a mess these little guys make of their enclosures!

For those who don't know, we have a female Russian tort initially named Joy. We now call her Tina, I'm not quite sure how that happened! We all just got in the habit of calling her tiny Tina lol.

Anyway, every day I clean and straighten up her enclosure. Her UVB light is on a timer that comes on @ 6:30am. By 7:30 in the morning her water tray is pushed over, the log hide is askew, and the thermometers, (which are dug into the substrate), are all knocked down! I swear she's like a little bulldozer that runs over everything in her path! :)

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Haha welcome to the tortoise world! I have a male that weighs probably 110+ lbs at this point and he broke through a steel fence and pushed down a brick wall. I get where you're coming from.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Yep welcome to the world of a tortoise, making it look good is for our benefit. They will mess it up no matter how perfect we think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.