Share your red foot pictures!

jockma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles County
I live in a dense California city so big yards = $$$ and every time I see your enclosures my first thought is, regrettably, "oh man I gotta marry rich" :p

@Anyfoot you have your own personal tort mosh pit!

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
...Alright, now that pool is just unfair. Maybe if I convert my bedroom into the Bean room he can have a waterfall pool too.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
@N2TORTS. @cdmay.
The window of opportunity. Ok so maybe I have some far fetched ideas. :D
What do you reckon, at 6" deep it's 83.4f(28.5°c). Stick next clutch in here at 6" deep so we can see them hatch and surface(assuming fertile):rolleyes:. Could even time lapse it.
Would we learn anything?
IMG_20160716_151431.jpg IMG_20160716_151420.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
That would be very neat. If I understand you correctly ...using the "window" we would be able to view them under the surface correct? My only concern would be the light that penetrates through the window -thru out incubation. Not sure if light has any side effects during incubation time, but I would assume it does...would be a great experiment.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
That would be very neat. If I understand you correctly ...using the "window" we would be able to view them under the surface correct? My only concern would be the light that penetrates through the window -thru out incubation. Not sure if light has any side effects during incubation time, but I would assume it does...would be a great experiment.
Correct
Good thought, I can cover the window to stop the light until i see some action, then start filming it, I'll also put a black board at the back of the filming device to stop any glare for our benefit. I would assume when they are that far on to Pipping stage the light would not be a concern anymore. Your thoughts.
Be cool if we could see them hatch and rise to the surface. Dont know anything about this time lapsing thing, but I work with a 21yr old kid who's up on all the mod cons.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Not quite a month old @Anyfoot -

1RC.jpg
S/he looks gorgeous. We talked about head and carapace patterns/colors, but you kept the plastron patterns quiet TERRY. That plastron looks amazing. Is this the only one that hatched from that clutch?

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
S/he looks gorgeous. We talked about head and carapace patterns/colors, but you kept the plastron patterns quiet TERRY. That plastron looks amazing. Is this the only one that hatched from that clutch?

The only one.. for some reason the eggs weren't coded/dated - I actually didn't expect any to hatch

Just showing pics of redfoot as this thread requested...