Share your red foot pictures!

Lu_x85

This is the inside of one cave, there's 4 in here, you can almost guarantee where each tort will settle down for the night(creature of habit). This is also the reason my torts always look dirty, they dig big divits inside the caves to sleep in, funny how they just sleep at any angle. They also urinate in the divits, humitiy in these caves is very high, I'm constantly checking for shell rot, up to now the topsoil or urine hasn't caused any rot(touching wood) .
If I level the divits out they just re-dig.
It's pitch black in these caves,hence the eye glare

They definitely love the habitat you've created for them! The caves are a great idea! My little redfoot likes to dig down in the substrate under his log hut!

Do all of your Redfoots live in this habitat or do you have other set ups too?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
They definitely love the habitat you've created for them! The caves are a great idea! My little redfoot likes to dig down in the substrate under his log hut!

Do all of your Redfoots live in this habitat or do you have other set ups too?
At the moment I have 10 adults in here with the 3 juveniles seperated, and 2 hatchlings in a viv in the house.
The next plan is to build an open table in this habitat for hatchlings to go in to. Heat and humidity is already there, so should get away with it being an open system with rain and drainage.

Lu_x85

At the moment I have 10 adults in here with the 3 juveniles seperated, and 2 hatchlings in a viv in the house.
The next plan is to build an open table in this habitat for hatchlings to go in to. Heat and humidity is already there, so should get away with it being an open system with rain and drainage.
Wow! Sounds fantastic! Did you breed the hatchlings? I've only just twigged you're in the UK too! I still want to work out how old Aristotle is!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Wow! Sounds fantastic! Did you breed the hatchlings? I've only just twigged you're in the UK too! I still want to work out how old Aristotle is!
Yeah, I hatched them out. Yeah. In uk. Hence the OTT indoor enclosure to combat our climate.

Lu_x85

Yeah, I hatched them out. Yeah. In uk. Hence the OTT indoor enclosure to combat our climate.
It really is superb and must be ideal if they're able to successfully breed! Would love to see some hatchling pics too!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I was expecting them to be the same size! They're both lovely!
The bigger one is around 12wks old and smaller under 2wks. You can see that Boris the bigger one has growth rings where as Sirius does not in this photo.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Oh I love them! Brilliant names too! I suspect Aristotle is close in age to Boris.
Looks like they've had a lovely breakfast!
Your not allowed to mention a torts name on this thread without a photo. :rolleyes: