Share the cutest pics of your tortoise you have!!!!

monsuuni

Location (City and/or State)
London
Yes it’s bad, you should have had it returned.
Why is the red light bad? I thought they only would have sent it,as they know it's good for it? Might have to buy the more natural light one then. Could not really return it, as due to covid not many places open to buy them and had to make sure Tiny stays warm.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Why is the red light bad? I thought they only would have sent it,as they know it's good for it? Might have to buy the more natural light one then. Could not really return it, as due to covid not many places open to buy them and had to make sure Tiny stays warm.
There have been concerns that red bulbs at night can damage the tortoise's color vision in some ways. I just prefer to let them have as normal of a night as I can and use the ceramic heaters.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Tortoises are reptiles, and all reptiles can see spectrums and light intensity differently than humans. You Turn it on at 9pm, and see a soft glowing red light. He sees a giant red fireball above his head while he’s trying to sleep.

the red lights are just bad housekeeping science from the 90’s. I bred tokay geckos, and had a few options for night lights, and almost all of them disrupted the animals‘ activity. Tortoises are also very sensitive to color, with red representing cactus flowers in a Tortoise’s brain... they start eating substrate.

monsuuni

London
Tortoises are reptiles, and all reptiles can see spectrums and light intensity differently than humans. You Turn it on at 9pm, and see a soft glowing red light. He sees a giant red fireball above his head while he’s trying to sleep.

the red lights are just bad housekeeping science from the 90’s. I bred tokay geckos, and had a few options for night lights, and almost all of them disrupted the animals‘ activity. Tortoises are also very sensitive to color, with red representing cactus flowers in a Tortoise’s brain... they start eating substrate.
I can't believe they sent us the red light knowing this! It's not what I ordered anyway.. we have now ordered the cheramic heater and it also heatmat upstairs. Thanks for your reply though xx

Sa Ga

MN
Bigger! The one on the right tucked in its head when I took what I though would really be a cool shot. I guess it was nervous as it just hatched a few hours earlier.

Clue - A picture of something very few people ever see as babies.
Yeti?