Shamai! (Hello!) from South Wales in UK *waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.

toriwillow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Wales - UK
Hello everyone, I have been browsing the forum for a little while and thought you seemed a friendly enough bunch, so decided to join.
I'm from South Wales (UK) and recently I quite unexpectedly become the owner of a tortoise for the first time.
From what I understand, the tortoises previous long term owner was no longer able to care for him and gave him to a family member who passed him on to a friend. Since then I believe he has moved a few times and not settled anywhere as people have taken him on only to change their minds and pass him on to someone else.
Well anyhow, he was given to me 2 days ago and I have fallen completely in love with him (or her??!) and even though I was not really prepared for him I am determined to do whatever I can to give him a happy home with me and so have been researching frantically ever since... it seems there is sooo much to learn! No one seemed to know his name (im sure he must have had one) so I have called him Bernard or Bernie for short (and just in case it is a girl lol) I sent some pictures of him to the tortoise trust in hope they could tell me a little more about him. They seemed to think it was a very old tortoise, possibly 80+! but what I really was hoping to find out was what kind of tortoise he actually is so that I can find out more about his specific needs (as like i say, there is so much information out there!) As this is the introduction section i will sign off for now and head to a more suitable part of the forum to post some pictures in the hope some one will be able to attempt an ID for me. Bye for now!!
Tori xxx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tori:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.