Sexing A Young Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Would it be possible to know if a Young Sulcata tortoise is either a male or female if it is only 4 Inches in length and around 2 years old?You see,the breeder from which I got him/her told that at that size and age,it would be almost impossible to determine it's sex.Are there any signs that I should look for to know my new Sulcata's sex?And lastly,at what age and length would I be able to know if my Sulcata is a male or female?
Thanks.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
It is almost impossible. I thought I had 2 and 2 at one point and nope. I had 3 males and still don't know about the other because she is smaller. Mine were quite large and I couldn't tell!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nobody said:
Would it be possible to know if a Young Sulcata tortoise is either a male or female if it is only 4 Inches in length and around 2 years old?You see,the breeder from which I got him/her told that at that size and age,it would be almost impossible to determine it's sex.Are there any signs that I should look for to know my new Sulcata's sex?And lastly,at what age and length would I be able to know if my Sulcata is a male or female?
Thanks.

See reply in "Flat Plastron" thread above.

Status
Not open for further replies.