Sexing 4.5 incher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Ok, I'm thinking Girl? Anyone agree? Disagree? or is it still too soon to tell?
Squirts underside & tail shot
DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF1979.jpg

Ok its official she has a nasal discharge (I can see the droplet) and I can only find one open nostril
DSCF2019.jpg

I have had her just over a month now and she is starting to wheeze. So I will have to get her to a vet before too long. She is pretty pyramided for one so young but hopefully she will not get any worse. And I will be able to find her a nice home.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I can't answer your questions, but she is such a cutie!!!! Good luck with her!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I would say female to Robyn. :D Yes a trip to the vet is in order. ;)

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Kelly and Danny, I thought it a She and I know she needs a vet but but of course you make discoveries during holidays. So It looks like I will have HER :) to the vet on Tuesday afternoon when he reopens. She is so very shy. I have her in my computer room and I spend time just talking with her and when I give her a soak I just hold her sitting on my chest and talk softly to her until her head comes out. I just can't imagine what her little life must have been like before.
It will be hard to give her up when the time comes.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
robyn, let me know when she is ready to go. I am not sure what I am doing yet, but I have 2 males and 1 female and was thinking of getting a new home for one of my males but I told my hubby that I didn't think I could have one go because I just love them. He said "We'll just have to put him in a separate enclosure and get him a girlfriend". So, I am thinking about it.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Dee You will be the first to know.
I took her to the vet yesterday-surprise he was open. She is now on baytril and B12 shots so I will get her cleared up and feeling good. Dee where do you live again?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am in NJ - glad you were able to get her to the vet.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sounds great Robyn. I have had my outdoor enclosure designs scrambling around in my brain. Can't wait till the weather breaks so I can get started. Hopefully I can figure out a nice way to make 2 nice sized enclosures without making my yard look junky. I have to also make 1 small enclosure for my russians but that's not a big deal. I think she would do well with my smaller guy. He's so sweet. If I got her, would I have to quarantine again since you already have her quarantined?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Yes and no Dee. She should be quarantined for 6 months after she is free of symptoms and as long as she doesn't get any from shipping that would make it middle of June.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.