Seed website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
that looks like a great site, anja. have you ordered with them before?
http://www.theodorepayne.org/ also has a great selection. and i've been happy with their service... they are especially good for CA native plants

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I have not placed an order with them yet, but I did like that there were so many of what I needed for the torts available at one place. I will probably place an order in the next week or two and will definitely report back on service and quality. I will have to check out Theodore Payne. Thanks

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Haha I actually just found the same place a few days ago!! They have lots of good stuff.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I ordered a catalog from them and got it today. They have "herbal teas" I was wondering if these would be ok to add to my tort's diet? They have one tea that's called Hibiscus high blend, it has red hibiscus, rosehips, lemon-grass leaves, orange peel, spearmint leaves, roses and stevia. ( does anyone know what stevia is? Would any of those ingredients be harmful to my tort?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Maybe everyone should post on this thread who they use or have found for seeds or other plants, that way everyone would have a reference when they need seeds.

Here is a site you can buy hibiscus plants from...http://www.fancyhibiscus.com/

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Check Home Depot for Hibiscus. I got one for $10 yesterday. When I went to replant it, there were 2 plants in the pot. There are pretty red blossoms on it with many buds waiting to open. My granddaughter took 2 blossoms for my Redfoot & Sulcata. The redfoot inhaled hers before we got the one for the Sulcata in her enclosure. She enjoyed hers too.
Patsy

UMDRunner

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Duluth, MN
I was thinking about planting some things in my indoor enclosure, just in one side of the enclosure. What do you all think?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Patsy,I'm glad you found the plant but I suggest you let it grow awhile because of pesticides that they may have sprayed it with, at least a couple months.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
UMDRunner said:
I was thinking about planting some things in my indoor enclosure, just in one side of the enclosure. What do you all think?

Go for it, just make sure whatever you plant is free of pesticides and fertilizers. Also that it is not toxic.

UMDRunner

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Duluth, MN
what are some good things to plant in an indoor enclosure?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
UMDRunner, I sunk small plants in flower pots on one side of my indoor enclosure just make sure you have UVA (plant grow Lights) I found out the hard way and had to rotate mine luckily they were in pots. I think it's a good idea, good luck.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jenrell23 said:
UMDRunner said:

Go for it, just make sure whatever you plant is free of pesticides and fertilizers. Also that it is not toxic.

I am so glad I got on this post...I bought a hibiscus yesterday and reminded myself not to put fertilizer in when I repotted it, but forgot to wait for the fertilizer to flush out of it before feeding it. I doubt if the one flower will hurt them. What do you think?
Patsy

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Probably not. A suggestion for fertilizing, use the tortoise waste.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
UMDRunner said:
what are some good things to plant in an indoor enclosure?

I don't remember what species you have, but I know you can get seeds at various websites to plant for them, or my russians love day lillies, But www.carolinapetsupply.com or www.turtlecafe.com have a ton of seeds by the different species, you could plant weeds, grass, russian blends, clover, my seeds are growing like crazy. If you go to www.russiantortoise.org they have a list of plants for russians - I think that is what you have..

Status
Not open for further replies.