Security camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
So going to AZ next weekend to visit my daughter. So got a foscam security camera so I will be able to check on my hatchlings thru my iphone while i am gone impressed with it so far.

image-4274713248.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How many hatchlings do you have? The enclosure looks to be split into two enclosures that looks way to small, even for a hatchling. There also is no water dish.
Hope the camera works while your gone.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
The security camera us a great idea. I would feel better to be able to check on them visually while away too.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
wellington said:
How many hatchlings do you have? The enclosure looks to be split into two enclosures that looks way to small, even for a hatchling. There also is no water dish.
I have two hatchlings in that part of enclosure, at time of picture i was disinfecting there water dish. They hide in the enclosure over 95 percent of
the time if not more, I bring them out of hide and soak them and place them back in to and back in the hide they go and think that is what they do in the wild especially if they don't want to be a meal from a predator so when they get bigger and more active they will go into one of
my other bigger enclosures.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
wellington said:

Ditto. They really need a bigger enclosure ASAP, waiting for them to grow isn't fair to them, especially when they don't have enough room in the first place. That looks like a split 20 gallon long, 10 gallons is like a prison cell for a tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you give them a bigger enclosure now with plants to help make them feel more secure, they should become more active. That small of an enclosure is impossible to get all the right temps they need. Also is too small to explore. If you already have the larger enclosures, put one in a different enclosure and give the other the whole tank that's in the pics. I'm not even sure the way you are splitting what I assume is an mvb is working properly being split like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.