A Land Far Away...
FLINTUS said:
Well we'll see if we get enough interest I guess but I'd be happy to do it

Well PM me your information and we will see what we can do! :cool:

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Would home made gifts also count? Like a box of goodies? And may we request to be given someone closer to our state? (unemployed running on low dog sitting money) I can Knit crochet, draw, paint etc.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wiccan_chicken said:
Would home made gifts also count? Like a box of goodies? And may we request to be given someone closer to our state? (unemployed running on low dog sitting money) I can Knit crochet, draw, paint etc.

Yes, homemade is super fine! I don't know how the cost compares to other shipping methods, but the US Postal service does have a few different boxes that are flat rate no matter where in the USA you ship it. Might check into those.

What we do is put all the names into a hat (okay so maybe not really a hat) and make a random drawing for each person.

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
Jacqui said:
Jacqui said:
Gifts are sent out by December 1st (so they will arrive to everybody before Christmas day)t. We will take applications until November 30th.

Duh, guess my mind was still under the nice warm blankets sleeping, when I thought these dates out huh???? Let's change that to try to get the gifts to go out the first week of December.

Even getting the gift mailed by the first week of December will be difficult if we don't know who we are shopping for until the first week of December. Just a thought but I still want to partake.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
theresal said:
Jacqui said:
Jacqui said:
Gifts are sent out by December 1st (so they will arrive to everybody before Christmas day)t. We will take applications until November 30th.

Duh, guess my mind was still under the nice warm blankets sleeping, when I thought these dates out huh???? Let's change that to try to get the gifts to go out the first week of December.

Even getting the gift mailed by the first week of December will be difficult if we don't know who we are shopping for until the first week of December. Just a thought but I still want to partake.

I figure we can say we are trying for the first week, but knowing that many will not go out that soon. The main thing is to get them to folks before Christmas.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Jacqui said:
wiccan_chicken said:

Yes, homemade is super fine! I don't know how the cost compares to other shipping methods, but the US Postal service does have a few different boxes that are flat rate no matter where in the USA you ship it. Might check into those.

What we do is put all the names into a hat (okay so maybe not really a hat) and make a random drawing for each person.

Awesome! I think I'll enter :) I'll PM you my details.

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
Jacqui said:
theresal said:
Jacqui said:
Jacqui said:

I figure we can say we are trying for the first week, but knowing that many will not go out that soon. The main thing is to get them to folks before Christmas.

Sounds fine to me. I just didn't want to let my person down.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
theresal said:
Sounds fine to me. I just didn't want to let my person down.

People in the past have been pretty understanding. Problems arise when folks have something happen in their lives and can't do a gift at all. If your running late (once the time comes), just send me a message and I can pass it on to your SS.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, I am really having an enjoyable time reading the PMs your all sending me with information about yourselves. :D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
For those of you worried about shipping, with USPS flat rate boxes (~$10 for the medium size), you get 2-day shipping to most parts of the U.S. and even parcel post (the cheapest for packages) now comes with free tracking. So timing/tracking shouldn't really be a problem! I know last year a few folks got their gifts late, but I don't think it caused any problems!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I just have to remind everyone of these great tortoise items for your secret Santa or other tortoise or even dog lovers. Check them out. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-82948.html

:D I don't know if that is allowed or not. :D (but guys, she does great work, is a joy to work with, and I know I plan to get more in the future from her. She did that awesome Hingeback for me for one of TSA's auctions).

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just a reminder, you still have a few more days to get in on the fun!