Secret Santa anyone? ☃ ☃ ☃

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Okay.... this year we will try the same rules as with for sales. You need 30 days of being a member and 30 posts. Does that work for all?

You need to PM me with the title stating Secret Santa (or SS). In the PM, have your real name and mailing address.

Then 1) ARE YOU WILLING TO TRY A SECRET SANTA FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.? IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE U.S.A., ARE YOU WILLING TO HAVE A U.S.A. SECRET SANTA? KeeeKeep in mind, if you say yes, you may have higher shipping costs and time delay.

2) TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF. (What are your favorite colors? Hobbies? Dislikes and likes?)

For instance I might say blue is my favorite color. I love to read most anything but history and bibliographies. I love to spend my time outside in my yard, even though I have a black thumb. I love whimsical things. I do not like most "girly" things.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
NOVEMBER 2-7th send me your information PMs.

NOVEMBER 8TH you will be told who your Secret Santa is.

NOVEMBER 9-23 shopping for the gift which has a suggested $20 price limit.

NOVEMBER 24-28
mail out gifts.

Then sit back and wait... and wait...

except for the dates of getting me the information, these are just suggested dates. Try to get all gifts out by the end of November with the extra time needed for deliveries. It also gives us added time, if in the middle of this somebody can no longer send out their planned gift.

PLEASE IF FOR SOME REASON, LIFE SUDDENLY DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO FINISH THE SECRET SANTA EXPERIENCE, LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN FIX THINGS SO EVERYBODY DOES END UP WITH A HAPPY AND FUN EXPERIENCE.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Normally I do not take part in the Secret Santa exchange, but hold back to fill in when one of our members can't finish out. However, I get the best end of the deal, as I get to read ALL the replies and get to know you all better. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Normally I do not take part in the Secret Santa exchange, but hold back to fill in when one of our members can't finish out. However, I get the best end of the deal, as I get to read ALL the replies and get to know you all better. :)
Uh oh.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
If I think of anything to add to my PM @Jacqui can I do that?
I don't want to add more work for you!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
any uk residents interested? my thoughts are for shipping costs, yip im a miserable scot ;) and poor, jade takes all my money:(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
At this point six folks have signed up and none are outside the USA. We do have a couple so far willing to be a Secret Santa for somebody outside of the USA.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My thoughts exactly

You're just too quick for me. This forum program doesn't allow you to start a reply then change your mind. If you delete what you wrote it keeps it in limbo and every time you come back to the thread, there's your reply, waiting to be posted. So I "x'd" it all out and posted it. But then I quickly moved it to the "to be deleted" bin. However, you replied before my nimble fingers finished what I was doing! Smart alec.

Prairie Mom

Mods, I was wondering if you think more people (particularly international members) would get involved if the Secret Santa were mentioned somewhere else too, like in the "site announcements"? Not sure it would make a difference. Any thoughts?

Oh yeah...isn't there a UK member thread somewhere too??? @johnandjade know anything about it? Maybe you could resurrect the thread and put a note out about the Secret Santa on it?