Secret Santa anyone? ☃ ☃ ☃

Prairie Mom

No one will want to send to Morocco.:(
Not even Europeans. :(
I could send a donkey to collect ?
Quite fitting for Christmas.
I'm clueless. Please fill me in...what are the issues with shipping to Morocco. Are the shipping costs too high? Are there problems with international mail getting pinched?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Adam wants cheese!

Actually as I recall he is not as fond of American cheeses as those produced in other countries. Do I recall correctly?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
probably because our cheeses are pasteurized other countries usually are not. just a guess

Prairie Mom

Okay, here's a whacky question regarding International members participating...

Let's say little ol' "moi" here in the USofA logged onto the UK version of Amazon, because I was shopping for someone in Britain etc. Couldn't I just buy something from the UK Amazon site and have it shipped to someone in England thus saving outrageous intercontinental shipping costs??? Couldn't I avoid currency issues by just shopping with my credit card like I do when I'm actually travelling overseas? Anyone have any insight?

So, I just got on the UK version of Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ ---AND THEY ACCEPTED MY LOGIN FROM THE US SITE!!!

I could probably navigate the German version fairly well also.

Here's an amazon link that shows the different country versions...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/entertainment/international

-----------------
I'm willing to try out being included on a list for international members. If I can't make it work, I would let Jacqui and anyone know immediately so we don't have any broken hearts this holiday season.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm clueless. Please fill me in...what are the issues with shipping to Morocco. Are the shipping costs too high? Are there problems with international mail getting pinched?
Yes, it's a bit pricey!
But nothing gets pinched, we've a good postal service here, very efficient, though they don't like to deliver in the rain.
But it doesn't much in the mornings. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Adam wants cheese!

Actually as I recall he is not as fond of American cheeses as those produced in other countries. Do I recall correctly?
Yeppittyy, yep, yep !!!!!!!
We don't get much American cheese in Britain, Spain or Morocco, but what i have had's been okay, but nothing special.
Somebody else said it wasn't too grand.
i was mainly complaining about the processed cheese and aerosol cheese including photos posted by Cameron.:eek::eek:
That's scary.
I was told Wisconsin was famous for its cheese, so i'd love some of that!!!!:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
So, I just got on the UK version of Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ ---AND THEY ACCEPTED MY LOGIN FROM THE US SITE!!!

I could probably navigate the German version fairly well also.

Here's an amazon link that shows the different country versions...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/entertainment/international

-----------------
I'm willing to try out being included on a list for international members. If I can't make it work, I would let Jacqui and anyone know immediately so we don't have any broken hearts this holiday season.
:) It should work.
In theory....................
Thanks!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm not sure how the brand new member thing is determined, and if I'm too new that is okay :) but if not, I'd love to take part. As long as I don't get David!
now come on it's only a $20 limit you can't get much gold & jewels for that

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yeppittyy, yep, yep !!!!!!!
We don't get much American cheese in Britain, Spain or Morocco, but what i have had's been okay, but nothing special.
Somebody else said it wasn't too grand.
i was mainly complaining about the processed cheese and aerosol cheese including photos posted by Cameron.:eek::eek:
That's scary.
I was told Wisconsin was famous for its cheese, so i'd love some of that!!!!:)

I see a magnificent cheese fountain in your future.

download (5).jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

My gift was a handmade turtle made to look like Dale Earnhardt. His name was Dale Turtlehart. He even has sun glasses on. I still have it and would show you a picture of it, but it, like all my pix, is lost in that fu**ing cloud somewhere. If he wasn't packed to move I'd tell you who made it.There was a lot of thought and work to the gift and it touched my heart. Mark, I believe was his first name. If it wasn't for my latest concussion I'd be able to remember. But my memory has very efficiently left the building...So forgive me Mark for forgetting your last name. It sounds so unappreciative, but I still have Dale Turtlehart, and he still has his sun glasses on. It was a gift better then most.
I'll join Secret Santa. I had a great time when I did it. But if you sign up, you'd damn well better send the gift to your person. How rude to leave them hanging waiting for their gift that was not coming. That pisses me off, so if you're not going to follow thru, don't sign up!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
My gift was a handmade turtle made to look like Dale Earnhardt. His name was Dale Turtlehart. He even has sun glasses on. I still have it and would show you a picture of it, but it, like all my pix, is lost in that fu**ing cloud somewhere. If he wasn't packed to move I'd tell you who made it.There was a lot of thought and work to the gift and it touched my heart. Mark, I believe was his first name. If it wasn't for my latest concussion I'd be able to remember. But my memory has very efficiently left the building...So forgive me Mark for forgetting your last name. It sounds so unappreciative, but I still have Dale Turtlehart, and he still has his sun glasses on. It was a gift better then most.
I'll join Secret Santa. I had a great time when I did it. But if you sign up, you'd damn well better send the gift to your person. How rude to leave them hanging waiting for their gift that was not coming. That pisses me off, so if you're not going to follow thru, don't sign up!

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/oh-boy-was-i-wrong.38343