Secret Santa anyone? ☃ ☃ ☃

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Yea, I don't know, I've never done it and don't know who got who. I do remember someone posting once about how long it was going to take theirs to get where it was going. I thought it was because it going from US to another country, but I'm not sure. I actually thought Jacqui drew names out of a hat basically?
We will see how it goes this year :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It was a $20 suggested limit. PMs to me with addresses, which then were given out only to your secret santa. I drew names randomly as to who got who.

Bad thing is yes sometimes gifts were never sent. We tried to eliminate this by not allowing brand new members to take part.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It was a $20 suggested limit. PMs to me with addresses, which then were given out only to your secret santa. I drew names randomly as to who got who.

Bad thing is yes sometimes gifts were never sent. We tried to eliminate this by not allowing brand new members to take part.

Can you still do it that way, but seperate US from outside US. I know that would only work if there were equal numbers in each. I also know that it still might not be cheap or quick shipping just because some would be going from one country to another outside of the states, but it might too? Just a suggestion.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Can you still do it that way, but seperate US from outside US. I know that would only work if there were equal numbers in each. I also know that it still might not be cheap or quick shipping just because some would be going from one country to another outside of the states, but it might too? Just a suggestion.
I'm cool with either option

Prairie Mom

If I remember correctly, you let them know your interested by responding to a thread and then you get a PM with a name and address

There is a $10 limit I think
It is pretty fun
They posted pictures when they got their gifts.
Awesome. Thanks for filling me in:)

Prairie Mom

Okay, here's a whacky question regarding International members participating...

Let's say little ol' "moi" here in the USofA logged onto the UK version of Amazon, because I was shopping for someone in Britain etc. Couldn't I just buy something from the UK Amazon site and have it shipped to someone in England thus saving outrageous intercontinental shipping costs??? Couldn't I avoid currency issues by just shopping with my credit card like I do when I'm actually travelling overseas? Anyone have any insight?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Okay, here's a whacky question regarding International members participating...

Let's say little ol' "moi" here in the USofA logged onto the UK version of Amazon, because I was shopping for someone in Britain etc. Couldn't I just buy something from the UK Amazon site and have it shipped to someone in England thus saving outrageous intercontinental shipping costs??? Couldn't I avoid currency issues by just shopping with my credit card like I do when I'm actually travelling overseas? Anyone have any insight?

Oh, you might be on to something!