Sea turtles- didn't know where else to put it

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinej50

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio Texas
Hi, I just left sea turtles inc. which is a sea rehabilitation center and it was just the coolest thing. It's in south padre texas and you can even see them release the hatchlings. They have a sea turtle wish one arm and it has like a fake fin to help him swim. It was just the coolest thing I have seen. ImageUploadedByTortForum1374947926.197761.jpg ImageUploadedByTortForum1374947979.738059.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374948000.621265.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374948014.937908.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374948027.471946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats cool stuff! I love sea turtles.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

photo_phish

5 Year Member
Sea Turtle Rehab centers have some of the best success stories. Everyone truly cares. your lucky to go see one!! :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I love sea turtles! Thank you for sharing!

Life is good

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
i also visited the rescue/rehab facility in early june, i loved seeing the turtles and hearing about ways to help them stay safer in the water, in fact i loved it so much that i took my husband back the next day so we could watch Alison swim with her prosthetic leg, it was amazing to watch her and learn about her journey!

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
klinej50 said:
Did you go to the one in south padre?

Yes i went to Sea Turtle Inc on SPI and would love to go again and again if it wasn't so far, it was about a 9 hour trip, one way!

klinej50

5 Year Member
San Antonio Texas
Yeah I live in San Antonio and it wasn't to bad of a trip just about 5 hours. North padre is only 3 though. Did you get to see them release the hatchlings?

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
klinej50 said:
Yeah I live in San Antonio and it wasn't to bad of a trip just about 5 hours. North padre is only 3 though. Did you get to see them release the hatchlings?

my daughter and i did go see the nesting area but did not get to see a release, there was one about a week after we left, i would absolutely love to witness a release, did you get to see one?

klinej50

5 Year Member
San Antonio Texas
No we woke up every morning at 5:30 to see if they had a release but they never did. Just being curios we called at 5:30 the next day after we left and they had a release! I was so disappointed I really wanted to see it

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
klinej50 said:
No we woke up every morning at 5:30 to see if they had a release but they never did. Just being curios we called at 5:30 the next day after we left and they had a release! I was so disappointed I really wanted to see it

yea i know exactly how you felt!

Status
Not open for further replies.