Sea Turtle with Straw up its nostril

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Sea Turtle with Straw up its Nostril (watch it and it's size pop out at 7.50)

Ciao, Angela Cancilla Herschel, CPBC ,
California
Member : IAATE - IAABC

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
someone need to tell him he's doing it wrong

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is so sad. Why can't people stop being pigs and put their trash where it belongs? I sure hope the poor thing never has another problem.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
someone need to tell him he's doing it wrong

I kept yelling, "Grab the whole straw - forget about trying to get one end of the pliers inside the straw."

Poor turtle. It was mighty painful.

Keith D.

Arizona
Ya I saw this video on FB then mass shared it. My heart was going out to that poor turtle. I couldnt watch the whole thing, just to painful to watch, so my wife watched it and told me if they got the straw out or not. I am glad they did but can you imagine the pain :(

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Oh my...that's sad. I can't believe how many trashy, lazy, slobs there are....it disgusts me to the max!!! When I went to the keys..."WOW" trash everywhere!! The ocean by this pier was full of beer bottles and cans!! All these beautiful fish swimming around beer bottles and cans :mad:. Hey I like beer, but I don't throw my empties in the ocean or on the street. Just freaking disgusting people!!!!! Sea turtles are the ultimate beautiful creatures to me, and all these slobs just throw their garbage anywhere and look where it ends up!?!:mad::( Ugh It makes me crazy!!!

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
That was really stressful just to watch. I broke out in a sweat. Such a sweet animal.
Good on them for removing it. Looks like all they had was a swiss army knife for tools.
But how could he he have gotten it so far in? You'd think once it got partway in, he would try to snort it out, claw it out.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Ah, on the youtube text it says:

"The turtle very likely ate the straw and regurgitated the straw where it ended up in the wrong passageway. The nasal cavity of sea turtles is connected directly to the palate (roof of the mouth) by a long nasopharyngeal duct. "