Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That's not funny. That lizard is seriously stressed and in fight or flight mode. Who would torment their own pet that way? And then video it and put it on you tube? He doesn't deserve to have the beautiful calyptratus.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I guess I don't find scaring an animal funny.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
Tom said:
That's not funny. That lizard is seriously stressed and in fight or flight mode. Who would torment their own pet that way? And then video it and put it on you tube? He doesn't deserve to have the beautiful calyptratus.

Agreed. I actually haven't watched the video because I saw the comments here first and refuse to watch it. That's sad.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
dmmj said:

Right as if they are not stressed out enough as it when some giant towers over them, let's do nothing more but encourage that fear :(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Tom, this lizard is not stressed....he absolutely could remove himself from the situation....these lizards can become rather rambunctious in captivity, I do not see fight or flight here----I see a combination of interest and aggression---which is different than fight or flight....torment, showing a lizard a cell phone screen is not torment---the colors create interest in the lizard---not horror...also, the screaming sound was the funny part---totally dubbed in with a horror flick pre recorded scream....come on now...

Scaring? I have looked and looked and looked and for the life of me, I do not see a scared lizard whatsoever.....I see an interested lizard

Agreed. I actually haven't watched the video because I saw the comments here first and refuse to watch it. That's sad.

So in other words, you are casting a stone without knowing why? ok.

Right as if they are not stressed out enough as it when some giant towers over them, let's do nothing more but encourage that fear

You mean similar to what-- oh lets say, some tortoise must think....? I don't see that phone as resembling a giant....and that lizard certainly makes no move as to retreat---and it has plenty of room to run off if there was a menacing giant at threat....?

Seriously???

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
My chameleon knowledge is lacking, but that's a beautiful lizard. I don't imagine he'd look so good if he was terribly mistreated. Maybe it was a one off sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.