Schneider's Skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
All this talk of skinks lately has reminded me that I really need to get new pictures of my Schneider's. And, of course, introduce her to TFO! I got this little gal back in June, and have been procrastinating getting new pictures since about July.

She's a fantastic little lizard, though a little bit jumpy. I blame myself for that--I tend to just sit and watch her go about her life, as opposed to getting her out and holding her.

107362_258273_VeryLarge_pbVCk1ejzqAExN.jpg

107362_258272_VeryLarge_p7HUNwYFArVEg.jpg

107362_258274_VeryLarge_dcUnSnat6UsV.jpg

107362_258276_VeryLarge_vbQ5QhABwQE.jpg

At one point, I glanced away to check an email, and she decided to wander off and explore the couch... Well, she found herself sitting on the paws of my slumbering 30 lb dog. When I reached to pick her up, the dog (Stump) awoke and sat up, sending her into a panic! This was new to me--I'm so used to the snakes and my late beardie who could care less about the canines and will, in fact, use Stump as a jungle gym if I let them. She took off, raced across the couch, dove on the floor, and dashed halfway across the room. I finally caught her a few minutes later. After that, in the search for somewhere safer to sit than my lap, she discovered hair... Hmmm, this big bulbous rock-like formation looks like a nice, safe place to hide from the big bad furry thing!

107362_258275_VeryLarge_HP2EyHbTOgw.jpg

Yes.. Apparently my head is quite cozy. :p She hung out there for another 20 minutes, give or take, before I put her away.

She's a great little lizard, and I really enjoy having her. I hope you guys enjoyed seeing her!

Thanks for peeking!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awesome. Thanks Taylor. I DID enjoy seeing her.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
LOL. Must be a reptile thing. The skink hasn't tried my shirt yet, but the snakes sure love both hair and shirts! This was taken several months ago... One of my roommate's old corn snakes using my pony tail as a jungle gym.

Attachments

• P3160158.JPG
    P3160158.JPG
    568.5 KB · Views: 25

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Haha, the leopard geckos like to get their heat from their bellies, so he will go in my shirt and flatten himself out right about my heart, probably because it's really warm... I don't like it because usually he's pretty cold compared to my skin :p

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Lol! That's so cute! I remember when my corn snake was a little... Her favorite place to curl up was in my bra. Warm, dark, cozy, what's not to like? Fortunately she's gotten over that, now that she's a nice, big adult... That wouldn't be very comfortable. :p

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Looks like this species of lizard has a personality!

TuRtLE1924

5 Year Member
Texas
Wow, what beautiful colors. And she looks so comfortable, minus the big scary doggie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.