Scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensie

5 Year Member
Im probably annoying you with all these post but I don't know where else to turn... I don't really trust the sites google takes me to so I go here... I was watching my youngest sully try to dig a tunnel when out of the corner of my eye i see my five year old sully squirt a lot of water out of either his nose or mouth( I couldn't really see since i was watching the other one).. Then he was making almost coughing sounds. He then started to try and tip over the water dish( I attached to the bottom of their enclosure though) did he choke? What if he does this often but I only just saw it? I could really use some advise on what I should do or if this is normal? Like if they drink too much without taking a breath?

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Never heard of this before but hopefully this will give your thread a bump

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I have not heard of this either! I wish I could help you! Hopefully you will get an answer soon!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Same here as above. However, what you can do is just keep a close eye on him for a week or two and see if he starts to act sick or if it happens again. Most likely it's nothing.

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
Sure it wasn't from the other end lol. Probably took a big mouth of water and spit it out!

Haha not to scare you though, but do keep an eye on him. Even people can drown up to two days after ingesting large amount of water! Very rare though!

kensie

5 Year Member
Ok thanks.. Ill keep an eye on him.. I think maybe she just took in too much at once...

Status
Not open for further replies.